Any TSL and DSL Owners?

• Thread starter GuitarGuy503
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
I did have one very awesome gig with my TSL100. It was when I first aquired it. We played at this bar that the management ususally lets things get out of hand a bit if the business is doing good. I was running my TSL100 into my old JCM800 slant cab with G12-65's. The volume got quite loud by the second of four sets. And my rig had an organic creamminess that was just amazing. I had that amp cranked with the volumes up to 7 - that is loud on a TSL100. I was mostly using the Crunch and Clean channels. Was running the original power tubes that came with it when I bought it used, which were the older Svetlana EL34's - the older Wing C versions. The next time I went to use the amp, I lost one of the four power tubes. LOL

I can not remember exactly which preamp tubes I had in it for that show, but I know I had some decent tubes - maybe a mix of NOS and new production.

The thing that pisses me off with the TSL is the FX loop - is sucks tone. And of course the other issues which are common issues with the DSL, is the bit of latency/delay when switching channels as well as the reverb getting cut off when switching channels.

If my TSL had tight channel switching with a reverb that stayed in the mix when you switched channels, I would be using it for my cover band gigs for sure.