Any Work Around For Dsl40cr And 91016 Footswitch?

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Bought a new DSL40CR and 91016 footswitch. Amp is great but using it with the 6 position footswitch not so great. Seems to work fine when I first turn it on but if I press #3 or #6 the footswitch lights turn off and it becomes nonfunctional unless I turn the amp off and back on. I also tried a different cable and still no luck. The OEM footswitch seems to work except when plugged in I can not switch channels on the amp but only on the footswitch. Maybe that is normal?

Snowdogyyz

Reaction score
Sounds like a dud. My 91016 works perfect. Do either your amp or switch is defective!

lovehifi

Reaction score
Sounds like a dud. My 91016 works perfect. Do either your amp or switch is defective!
Maybe its the footswitch. It was bought as a demo from Sweetwater. Hope its not the amp. I can get the amp swapped too but what a hassle.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Noticed that the 91016 foot switch works perfectly when in standby but as soon as I try using it with power on in 20w or 40w mode it fails when selecting Master Volume or FX loop on the footswitch. Sometimes when just trying to change channels via the FS. Strange since the OEM foot switch works fine.

cvansickle

Reaction score
I'm not having any luck with MIDI. I can plug a MIDI controller into the DSL40CR's MIDI jack, and the straight 1-4 program changes will change the amp channels perfectly, and of course repeat every four digits. But I'm trying to go further. I want to use a MIDI Solutions Event Processor to map multiple program changes from the controller to one of the four that the Marshall will accept, but apparently the Marshall's inner circuitry isn't sophisticated enough to handle it.

oldmanrockin

Reaction score
Bought a new DSL40CR and 91016 footswitch. Amp is great but using it with the 6 position footswitch not so great. Seems to work fine when I first turn it on but if I press #3 or #6 the footswitch lights turn off and it becomes nonfunctional unless I turn the amp off and back on. I also tried a different cable and still no luck. The OEM footswitch seems to work except when plugged in I can not switch channels on the amp but only on the footswitch. Maybe that is normal?
When the foot switch is plugged in, you can't change channels with the amp, only with the footswitch. I have 3 different dsls and and they all seem to work this way.