Anybody got WGS Invaders in their 412 cab yet?

• Thread starter rokcabilly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rokcabilly

Reaction score
I'm contemplating getting the ET-65's to X with my current WGS Vet 30's, but now the Invaders come out. What to do? Can anybody help me with their experience with these speakers, if you have 'em?

Thanks!

ryanmichael95

Reaction score
I have a 412 with the WGS 65's, and they are excellent speakers. My speaker of choice now, I used to have v30's as my #1's. Those invaders are interesting, and I am thinking of getting a pair to mix with the 65's just to see how they work out.

rokcabilly

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I want to do, but then these Invaders come out and now I'm torn between mixing those with the Vet 30's. Oh well. I've heard nothing but good things about the ET-65's, so that's probably what I'll do.

thanks!

KKND

Reaction score
I have a 2x12 with a pair of Vet 30's. Thinking about mixing with an Et65 or WGS T-75 clone. What kinda music you play with the Vet 30/ET65 combo?

Thanks

p.s: I spoiled my stock speaker wires while swapping speakers...anyone can suggest where I can get a replacement wiring kit. I need clip on connectors at the ends.Thanks

impetus maximus

Reaction score
if your looking for more bottom end what about the Liberator?
"With the Liberator 80, we took our classic ET65 and fattened up the midrange.
This speaker has a lot of punch and presence. A speaker that definitely won't get lost in the mix.
"
with the 65's you'll be giving up mids, and mids are where it's at! :rock:
if your happy with the bottom end of the vet 30's maybe the Invader's breakup
would compliment them.

i want an Invader mixed with something. a vet 30 or maybe a Liberator :hmm:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
if your looking for more bottom end what about the Liberator?
"With the Liberator 80, we took our classic ET65 and fattened up the midrange.
This speaker has a lot of punch and presence. A speaker that definitely won't get lost in the mix.
"
with the 65's you'll be giving up mids, and mids are where it's at! :rock:
if your happy with the bottom end of the vet 30's maybe the Invader's breakup
would compliment them.

i want an Invader mixed with something. a vet 30 or maybe a Liberator :hmm:

The Liberator demo sounds really good on the WGS site. I might have to get one of these to try.

Over Drive

Reaction score
I have WGS ET-65s and V30s in the 'X' pattern and I think it is a fine pairing.

rokcabilly

Reaction score
I didn't have it all Vet 30's. It was 2 Vet 30's X'd with Stock Celestion G12-T75's. It's like classic Marshall crunch now. Before, there was something missing, and I'm thinking that was the mids. Now it's creamy and there's that certain crunch sound that you know when you hear it. These speakers in the X pattern is like heaven to my ears. Playing through my 50 watt MKIII with gain sensitivity @ 0, I now feel like my tone search is complete. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Sorry I can't compare this setup to all V30's for you, but this is by far the best tone I've gotten to date.

Good Luck!

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Haven't tried the Invaders, but I love the Vet 30's. Both of my Marshall cabs have 2 Vet 30's and 2 Vintage 30's each. The Vet 30's take away just enough of the mid spike of the V30's to balance the classic V30 sound perfect for me.

redscott131

Reaction score
I've been using the WGS INVADERS for the past couple of months. They are great sounding speakers, and if anything, come off as slightly improved versions of the WGS green beret speaker (G12M greenback style clones). To me they sound just like a Green Beret, but with a slightly better bass response.... but not so much that would take them into G12H/Reaper 30 territory. There is a youtube video (where a guy compares them with the new Liberator speaker) but they sound nothing like that crappy video.

They are great sounding speakers, and you won't be disappointed. In fact, mine seemed to take less time to break in than the WGS Green Berets I also use.

After using the WGS INVADERS....I'm half tempted of doing an "X" pattern with them and some WGS ET-65 speakers (like some of you folks have mentioned - I'm sure it would kick ass).

rokcabilly

Reaction score
After using the WGS INVADERS....I'm half tempted of doing an "X" pattern with them and some WGS ET-65 speakers (like some of you folks have mentioned - I'm sure it would kick ass).

Hmmmmmmm......Now you've got me thinking. Please let us know if you go with it and how it sounds!

Thanks.

johnfv

Reaction score
...After using the WGS INVADERS....I'm half tempted of doing an "X" pattern with them and some WGS ET-65 speakers (like some of you folks have mentioned - I'm sure it would kick ass).
My 1936 is an Invader and a ET-65 currently. Sounds great, a 4x12 would sound even better!!!

richedie

Reaction score
My 1936 is an Invader and a ET-65 currently. Sounds great, a 4x12 would sound even better!!!

I love the Invader! I am puting two in a Stone Age 212C! Like a thicker, ballsier Greenback. Does rock and hard rock well!

My Bogner has a Vet30 and ET65. Love em.

richedie

Reaction score
I have a new Stone Age cab I want to have the Greenback tone. Lot of reviews claim the Invader is too harsh so I was thinking of ordering a Celestion Lynchback and Creamback but that is more expensive.
What do you all think? It would be nice to save money.
I also want to replace the Celestion Classic Lead 80s in my THD and was considering Celestion K-100s or WGS Vet30/ET65 pair.