Anyone familiar with Rockstah Mod 5?

• Thread starter shredless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredless

Reaction score
To a 2204....looking at one, but havent heard it yet...

any thoughts?

Thanks

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Its a bunch of mods that the good folks over at the Metroamp forum kindly gave "Rockstah" guidance on and help... for free.
He learned most of (if not all) what he knows about tubes amps and those mods on Metroamp.
He basically took all the info that was given to him for free and then turned around, gave them a different name and started asking money for it.
That didn't go over very well over @ Metroamp. I think that you can find the mod details on that forum.

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Its a bunch of mods that the good folks over at the Metroamp forum kindly gave "Rockstah" guidance on and help... for free.
He learned most of (if not all) what he knows about tubes amps and those mods on Metroamp.
He basically took all the info that was given to him for free and then turned around, gave them a different name and started asking money for it.
That didn't go over very well over @ Metroamp. I think that you can find the mod details on that forum.

yeah and i also gave may many people guitar lessons too. that means without me they are nothing?! NOT!

you can give a man tools and info but if he doesn't have drive he wont get there and when he does its by his own doing. thanks. ;)

just remember that there is always the real story and until you have had it from the real source you are basing your decisions on assumptions.

some people just cant stand when someone walks on their own. i should show you my library of books let alone the fact that you did not hear the sound like mine before what i have done.

i could go on and on but it is the internet and people have their own agendas.

im an open book and i can assure you i have worked my ass off for whatever i do.

now lets get back to playing guitar and searching out tone!

thanks so much,
Mark

p.s. the mod details are still being searched out. each amp is different but the end result is VH tone.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
rockstah - my post was not with the intent of being negative... just stating that the mods are well known and available. You simply packaged them into what you call mod5 and starting charging for it on Metroamp when you got all that help for free on Metroamp.

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
rockstah - my post was not with the intent of being negative... just stating that the mods are well known and available. You simply packaged them into what you call mod5 and starting charging for it on Metroamp when you got all that help for free on Metroamp.

and they weren't well known or they would have been before me.

listen my friend, even you are assuming but you are entitled to your story i suppose. its the internet and people can say whatever they want but whynot include how much i helped over the last 7 years over at metro directly and indirectly with business, to layouts, to helping my fellow builders. people want to rewrite history and im sorry to say you sound like one of them.
all i'm interested in is helping those that want tone to have it... and i have. :)

Mark

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Cool, Mark. I'm all for helping out others when I can, so it seems we're on the same page.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
To Mark (rockstah):

Is this mod for a 2204/2203 only? Or is it also reworking the 1987/1959 circuit?

And does this mod involve adding an extra valve to the chassis? If so on the extra valve, does it give the amp one or two more gain stages?

Bob Barcus

Reaction score
I don't care where he got it ..Noone makes a Amp sound like Eddie's Marshall, Sunset Sound Studios ,Don Landy and Ted Templeman all in one.. Period... If you think Mark got it for Free ..Start reading@Metroamp Pal!!!! Let me know how your doing in 5-6 yrs:wtf:

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
To Mark (rockstah):

Is this mod for a 2204/2203 only? Or is it also reworking the 1987/1959 circuit?

And does this mod involve adding an extra valve to the chassis? If so on the extra valve, does it give the amp one or two more gain stages?

it can be done on any 1959, 2203, 1987, 2204.

no added tube is involved.

Mark

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Are the Mod5's really stiff like a Splawn or a Bray amp, or are they more forgiving? Your clips sound incredible Mark.

in my search for the sound it had to feel good to me. my saying about the spec is " it makes you want to play" it feels good in the hands and that is just as important to a guitar player as it sounds IMHO. it has to feel good. its squishy goodness. ;)

Mark

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I don't care where he got it ..Noone makes a Amp sound like Eddie's Marshall, Sunset Sound Studios ,Don Landy and Ted Templeman all in one.. Period... If you think Mark got it for Free ..Start reading@Metroamp Pal!!!! Let me know how your doing in 5-6 yrs:wtf:

thanks man, like i said before, it is amazing how people want to attempt to rewrite history. for those that were there throughout they know the truth. the rest are basing things on part of the information. thanks for your support my friend. you get it!

Mark

John 14:6

Reaction score
in my search for the sound it had to feel good to me. my saying about the spec is " it makes you want to play" it feels good in the hands and that is just as important to a guitar player as it sounds IMHO. it has to feel good. its squishy goodness. ;)

Mark
Thanks again Mark!