Anyone played the AssHole 100?

• Thread starter jchrisf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trax1139

Reaction score
CF4E8CA4-B306-40AA-B228-D9D4C292C4BC.jpeg View attachment 78612 I love Marshall amps because of their history, tradition and most importantly their sound and have been gigging with them almost exclusively since the late 70’s. However, I just bought a Germino Classic 45 (JTM45 clone) and I must say the Marshall JTM45 reissue doesn’t even come close to replicating the original...the Germino nails it!View attachment 78612

Zado

Reaction score
View attachment 78613 View attachment 78612 I love Marshall amps because of their history, tradition and most importantly their sound and have been gigging with them almost exclusively since the late 70’s. However, I just bought a Germino Classic 45 (JTM45 clone) and I must say the Marshall JTM45 reissue doesn’t even come close to replicating the original...the Germino nails it!View attachment 78612
A Germino is on my must-buy list.

neikeel

Reaction score
View attachment 78613 View attachment 78612 I love Marshall amps because of their history, tradition and most importantly their sound and have been gigging with them almost exclusively since the late 70’s. However, I just bought a Germino Classic 45 (JTM45 clone) and I must say the Marshall JTM45 reissue doesn’t even come close to replicating the original...the Germino nails it!View attachment 78612

that has been true since they were introduced. The RI is not a bad amp by any means (very similar to a 1987RI). A lot of people have invested time and money in blueprinting these to achieve more complex vintage tones.

trax1139

Reaction score
Right...I the reissue JTM45 I had was a great amp. All my buddies that took it out for a spin thought “Holy Shit” but it just doesn’t do that thing like the original. I also had a 1987x reissue. Not impressed.

Zado

Reaction score
Right...I the reissue JTM45 I had was a great amp. All my buddies that took it out for a spin thought “Holy Shit” but it just doesn’t do that thing like the original. I also had a 1987x reissue. Not impressed.
I'd be curious to hear the Ceriaclone

FutureProf88

Reaction score
He shoulda changed one component and advertised it as a modded Friedman.

c84.jpg

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I'd give 100 to play Kendall Jenner's A-hole. Would that qualify?

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently Nic hadn't cloned Dave's amps but Dave still had an issue with him cloning some even though he does something similar.. so then Nic cloned his Bown Eye amp. A double play on words that is hilarious.
My amp is going to be called the honey dripper but no one will clone it because it sounds like shit ! Lmfao

Sapient

 
Reaction score
In this thread people are talking about an asshole amp. In another thread people are talking about an amp smelling like tuna. Funk must be making a come back.

I'd say it seems we can clearly see what's on the "back side" of everyone's mind. :eek:

renoman_89502

Reaction score
I've owned an AH50 for little over a year. I also own the BE 100 . The AH 50 is a kick a$$ high gain Marshall type amp with all the bells and whistles/switching that the BE 100 has. Side by side they do not sound alike. The AH 50 does from clean to scream very nice and sounds killer, but is lacking the 3D sound of the Friedman. The BE 100 has this glossy 3D polished studio sound to it . I have owned 6 Ceriatone amps now and have been very pleased with all. That said last week I sold my AH 50 to a local guy that really loved it when he test drove it before buying. Final thoughts are the AH is a great amp , but if you are looking for the Friedman sound then buy a Friedman amp.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock 800's are still fun! Even at 20 watts...Fuck pretty. Get it out of my face. Unless fun bags say yes:drool:There is a moment when a guitarist comes to grips that it ain't the amp...practice. So you don't whore out your money for status quo. Me? I'll play whatever the Fuck I want however and still remember that shit ass Harmony amp I started with. I don't need no prissy circuit stroker to tell me otherwise. Rip. Play. 3D? LOL...

Last edited:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to ask - what do you have against them? I have a Germino HR100 Superbass and I just love it. I've talked to Greg a couple of times and he did the SL to SB conversion for me and he was a super nice guy.
I've got to ask - what do you have against them? I have a Germino HR100 Superbass and I just love it. I've talked to Greg a couple of times and he did the SL to SB conversion for me and he was a super nice guy.

They are all nice. Hey if he layed that circuit down and it suits you? Rip it.

Zado

Reaction score
I've owned an AH50 for little over a year. I also own the BE 100 . The AH 50 is a kick a$$ high gain Marshall type amp with all the bells and whistles/switching that the BE 100 has. Side by side they do not sound alike. The AH 50 does from clean to scream very nice and sounds killer, but is lacking the 3D sound of the Friedman. The BE 100 has this glossy 3D polished studio sound to it . I have owned 6 Ceriatone amps now and have been very pleased with all. That said last week I sold my AH 50 to a local guy that really loved it when he test drove it before buying. Final thoughts are the AH is a great amp , but if you are looking for the Friedman sound then buy a Friedman amp.
Hey if they dont sound alike it's not a clone right? :D

Jokes aside, does the AH deliver the same "studio sound" (great definition for the amp) of the BE or it's just more raw and in your face?

Latest posts