• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Anyone using the Line 6 HX effects in there loop?

• Thread starter Hutch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

walshb

Reaction score
Here is my new pedalboard! I've used it both at church in 4CM (sounds incredible) and in one of the bands I'm in, just as a basic pedalboard straight in. It worked really well in both cases!

IMG_0622 copy.jpg

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Well , not to old of a thread (comments a year ago)and since the people commenting are the ones to ask about the HX Stomp here goes.
I want it to upgrade from my ancient pod 2 to silent practice and record but if it can sound decent through a clean amp I will try that as well.

wakjob

Reaction score
Well , not to old of a thread (comments a year ago)and since the people commenting are the ones to ask about the HX Stomp here goes.
I want it to upgrade from my ancient pod 2 to silent practice and record but if it can sound decent through a clean amp I will try that as well.

I think you'll really be impressed on how far L6, and digital modeling in general has come since the old POD 2.

The one thing that makes them better is using 3rd party IR's... 'Ownhammer' Engl pack has served me quite well.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I think you'll really be impressed on how far L6, and digital modeling in general has come since the old POD 2.

The one thing that makes them better is using 3rd party IR's... 'Ownhammer' Engl pack has served me quite well.
I did briefly try the Helix , what a beast!
Now I’m thinking about the stomp.

ampeq

Reaction score
I have since bought the HX Effects and really like it. It’s only the stuff I use, just effects, no amp, mic’s or speakers. It’s nice and small and works very well. (I use the 4cm) Some of the effects are excellent and there are many to choose from so you can always find what you need. You can also make up a bunch of pedal boards of your own to choose from, and setup some of the switches to do more than one thing. It’s about $600 which is pretty cheap for approximately 200+ pedals.

end user

Reaction score
I sold my Line 6 M13 and upgraded to the Helix LT and am really happy with it. My initial intention was to mainly use the Helix for effects and my DSL for the tone, but I'm finding I use more presets with amp models and go direct to the effects return, thus making my DSL a power amp only. So much versatility and the interface is incredibly simple.

I initially looked at the HX effects, but 1) I got a good price on the LT, and 2) I can use the LT as a backup if my DSL needs repair. It's a great recording interface too!

That is how I mostly use my Helix LT. Straight to FX return with full amp block. Sounds and feels fantastic and is seamless going from clean to mid to high gains. The Park 75 brt amp has got to be one of the best amp models I have ever run into including other high end units from Fractal and Kemper. Keeping the gain just below half way, I get great mid gain tones and rolling back my guitars volume knob it cleans up nice through the knob travel. Add a TS or OCD block and I am in high gain territory easily.

My patches are all dead full because I do so many different types of songs, I need both paths. I prefer just on/off with combined blocks over snapshots though. Snaps are awesome in that you can change the actual settings of whatever you want and have a preset within a preset but I find myself tweaking more than I play when I set up snaps.

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
That is how I mostly use my Helix LT. Straight to FX return with full amp block. Sounds and feels fantastic and is seamless going from clean to mid to high gains. The Park 75 brt amp has got to be one of the best amp models I have ever run into including other high end units from Fractal and Kemper. Keeping the gain just below half way, I get great mid gain tones and rolling back my guitars volume knob it cleans up nice though the knob travel. Add a TS or OCD block and I am in high gain territory easily.

My patches are all dead full because I do so many different types of songs, I need both paths. I prefer just on/off with combined blocks over snapshots though. Snaps are awesome in that you can change the actual settings of whatever you want and have a preset within a preset but I find myself tweaking more than I play when I set up snaps.
Bob , that is exactly the input I was hoping for. I might pick the unit up tomorrow.
I will probably have a lot of questions but I will take some time with it. I might never use it live but it sounds cool. In theory though , I could set up the patches get on a plane with a guitar and the helix stomp. I have a couple of Friends I would like to jam with friends a 1,000 miles away.

Last edited: