• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Are There More Bedroom Players on Here?

• Thread starter matttornado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

T.J.

Reaction score
I'm ordering a Power Station 2 very soon ! ... as I find someone with one in stock ;)

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Mitch, just use the proper ear protection if you have to do so. ;)
Have fun, plenty of fun.

I like the edge of not wearing protection. I also consider that stadium venue volume. :D
I know exactly what you mean.
A loud drummer volume is my max, my use of a delay at that point is , the big stadium sound .:cheers:

SLICKFASTER

Reaction score
Bedroom-twice a day
Rehearsal 3 times a month
Gig- once every couple of months if lucky.
0 since December...
Bedroom levels are a crack of master, pre on 7, 3/4 overdrive pedal.
Rehearsal/Gig volume depends on PA/room size.... mostly
Got to be able to rock the given space :dude:

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
I do not even like wearing ear protecting when using guns. I like to hear everything. You cannot hear your enemy well enough with shit in your ears.
I can hear more than I should when I want to and am at attention.

Anyway my room levels when playing average at least 105dB. (I use a dB meter)

Last edited:

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I do not even like wearing ear protecting when using guns. I like to hear everything. You cannot hear your enemy well enough with shit in your ears.

Man You're Awesome!! ??? I Said You're AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!! ??? No!! I didn't call you an asshole I said you're Awesome!!!! :)

dro

Reaction score
I had a producer friend back home who would ask me. "Why do you set you're amp so loud. The mic doesn't care what the volume is." And my reply. "Well maybe the mic don't but the amp does." He would also put his amp in isolation, and sit in front of his monitors for reference. Nothing like standing 8 to 10 feet in front of a cranked Marshall. Both in feel and response. I guess I'm just from the old school. You do what you do you're way and Ill do mine.

Caffeinated

Reaction score
What's the line of demarcation? Are you trying to sort the gigging folks from the non-gigging folks? How about the ones who have toured and recorded from those who only played small gigs? ...

Amen. I’ve seen similar on another forum recently with some primadonna getting bent out of shape because people wanted to talk about the ‘wrong’ model guitar (in the ‘all other guitars’ sub forum). If the forum owner wants to create an ‘exclusive experience for professionals only’ then that’s fine and they can punt a load of members. Otherwise there’s a bunch of people need to either get used to rubbing shoulders with people with less experience who occasionally ask dumb questions or maybe set up a different forum if it bothers them that badly. Hell, I get snarky at times about the US-centric focus here (obviously I know it’s a US forum before someone points that out) and silly names people insist on calling amps but it doesn’t kill me.

Too many people getting punchy over Covid, I reckon.

Sustainium

Reaction score
Amen. I’ve seen similar on another forum recently with some primadonna getting bent out of shape because people wanted to talk about the ‘wrong’ model guitar (in the ‘all other guitars’ sub forum). If the forum owner wants to create an ‘exclusive experience for professionals only’ then that’s fine and they can punt a load of members. Otherwise there’s a bunch of people need to either get used to rubbing shoulders with people with less experience who occasionally ask dumb questions or maybe set up a different forum if it bothers them that badly. Hell, I get snarky at times about the US-centric focus here (obviously I know it’s a US forum before someone points that out) and silly names people insist on calling amps but it doesn’t kill me.

Too many people getting punchy over Covid, I reckon.
:slash: Beware of the Les Paul forum, easy to create world of butthurt without even knowing what the hell happened.
:monkey:

Rick in HB

Reaction score

Anyway my room levels when playing average at least 105dB. (I use a dB meter)

Dude, if you're concerned about hearing enemies you might want to stop pissing people off. Especially if we're still talking about the bedroom.

Wayne T

Reaction score
2 bands, but the whole pandemic has put me back into the bedroom until we can gig again

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't played a guitar in a bedroom since I was 18. Like most, I practice in whatever space works, which was the basement for a while, living room for the past 10 years, and band practice space on the weekends. I spend about 50% of the time practicing cover band material, and the other 50% playing whatever...
Just curious, are you a full time gigging musician?

kinleyd

Reaction score
Bedroom player here as well, and I use the word 'player' in its most loose sense. Yeah, I'm still a crappy player.

Even so, my dream one day is not to gig (though that would be nice) but to play and sing awesomely for family and friends, and perhaps put up a YouTube video or two that I can live with and share with you great MFers. And should none of these ever happen, of one thing I am certain: I'm having a wonderful time. The best time of day is when I hack away at my guitar and croon to my heart's content. :cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Bedroom player here as well, and I use the word 'player' in its most loose sense. Yeah, I'm still a crappy player.

Even so, my dream one day is not to gig (though that would be nice) but to play and sing awesomely for family and friends, and perhaps put up a YouTube video or two that I can live with and share with you great MFers. And should none of these ever happen, of one thing I am certain: I'm having a wonderful time. The best time of day is when I hack away at my guitar and croon to my heart's content. :cheers:
That is what matters most

Latest posts