ART DST Eighty/Eighty ?

• Thread starter fitz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of these on the local CL for a buck-fifty.
Anyone have any experience with one of these gizmos?

Valvestate kinda thing with a 12AX7 tube in the preamp and stereo solid-state 80w outputs.
Lots of built-in FX and 4 amp modes that go from clean to insane high gain.

2U rack mount, but I think I have a hacked up headshell on the shelf it would fit in...
Worth it for about the price of a multi effects pedal?

1723935766237.png

Found some YT vids.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
No experience with those, but about 30 years ago I had an Art Extreme pedal (I think that's what it was called). It had some really great sounding effects, but it had a glitch of some sort and I would have to unplug it for a minute before it would work properly again.

Great sounds, just not gig worthy.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It had some really great sounding effects, but it had a glitch of some sort and I would have to unplug it for a minute before it would work properly again.
That's what kinda concerns me.
If something stops working, it'd be a binner - hardly worth fixin'.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For that $ buy an Eleven Rack, faar superior
Funny you mention that - there's one of those on my local CL also...
$220, but not a built-in stereo power amp.

1723944770405.png

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Funny you mention that - there's one of those on my local CL also...
$220, but not a built-in stereo power amp.
Yah, but it has everything else . . .
And will sound 10x better
Seriously it's the protools guitar interface, amps, speakers, mics, tons of quality FX,

Last edited:

Ken Gray

Reaction score
One of these on the local CL for a buck-fifty.
Anyone have any experience with one of these gizmos?

Valvestate kinda thing with a 12AX7 tube in the preamp and stereo solid-state 80w outputs.
Lots of built-in FX and 4 amp modes that go from clean to insane high gain.

2U rack mount, but I think I have a hacked up headshell on the shelf it would fit in...
Worth it for about the price of a multi effects pedal?

View attachment 156103

Found some YT vids.

I own two Art Rules Breaker amps which are basically the 2 -12 stereo combo version of the 88 head. I find them to be very solid and sound great. In the 30 years or so that I have owned them they have been giggled extensively and never broken down. I own a recording studio with 15 other amps as well as Kemper, Axe FX and Helix. I still use the Rules Breaker regularly. The secret is to pair it with a stereo cab or wire a 212 cab into stereo which is essentially the Rules Breaker setup. The built in FX sound really good. Through a stereo cab, the in-room stereo is something I have not been able to get out of other amps. The preamp goes into a stereo power amp so you can get the same sound at any volume. You can also bypass the preamp and use the stereo power amp independently. I use it with a very basic midi switcher and I have 10 sounds that I dialed in years ago available at my feet. There is also the ability to send a direct line out to front of house. A neat feature is the button for single coil and humbucker pickups. I find that it boosts my single coil just enough to work with the same patch settings that I use with hum bucker pickups. I own two because if it ever breaks I wouldn't want to be without it. Frankly, I use it more than my Marshall JVM410. If you could find an Art Rules Breaker I would go with that, but if you have a 212 cab you could wire for a stereo amp, I say go for it. I consider it a great amp.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own two Art Rules Breaker amps which are basically the 2 -12 stereo combo version of the 88 head. I find them to be very solid and sound great. In the 30 years or so that I have owned them they have been giggled extensively and never broken down. I own a recording studio with 15 other amps as well as Kemper, Axe FX and Helix. I still use the Rules Breaker regularly. The secret is to pair it with a stereo cab or wire a 212 cab into stereo which is essentially the Rules Breaker setup. The built in FX sound really good. Through a stereo cab, the in-room stereo is something I have not been able to get out of other amps. The preamp goes into a stereo power amp so you can get the same sound at any volume. You can also bypass the preamp and use the stereo power amp independently. I use it with a very basic midi switcher and I have 10 sounds that I dialed in years ago available at my feet. There is also the ability to send a direct line out to front of house. A neat feature is the button for single coil and humbucker pickups. I find that it boosts my single coil just enough to work with the same patch settings that I use with hum bucker pickups. I own two because if it ever breaks I wouldn't want to be without it. Frankly, I use it more than my Marshall JVM410. If you could find an Art Rules Breaker I would go with that, but if you have a 212 cab you could wire for a stereo amp, I say go for it. I consider it a great amp.
Thanks for the feedback.
Seems like a cool amp for $150, and I do like stereo.
I have my 6 tube amps set up as 3 stereo rigs.
Also have some cabs I could use.

Would you really ever use it????
Having trouble answering this question, tbh.... :rofl: