Cesar Diaz The Last Great Interview (SRV)

• Thread starter jack daniels
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy has two non-master Fender SFSR amps, one with NOS GT KT66's and the other with the TAD 6L6GC-STR. I like both but, prefer the one with KT66's for the "Beano" tone.

It's unfortunate KT 66's wont fit in a 70s Marshall combo ,although I have one with 7581a's in one of 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure would like to see Cesar's road lab ...touring with SRV . That would be cool . Did he carry a scope on the road ??? I dont know if those hand held O-scopes existed back then .

TM1

Reaction score
Cesar was wonderful guy! I miss him dearly! We use to talk alot. I think he knew his time was short. But when you need a 2nd Liver you know you need to make a lifestyle change. He just looked at it as "well now I can go back to drinking and doing Blow..
I started making Rangemaster's in 1997. He called me up and asked me if I minded that he was going to make his version of it. He was the Only person who copied my pedal that asked if I minded. There weren't any others making clones of them back then.

Pulsonic

Reaction score
in '98, my g/f & i drove from CLE to PVD. wanted to detour to cesar's joint in e. stroudsburg. this was around the heyday of the band Live [CD-100 user] but we never found his shop, had no inside/contact info back then. was really bummed, as a CD-100 was like trying to order a Dumble, almost.
funny, couple wks. later in a small shop outside PVD, saw a small diaz combo in green but big $$ even then. was cashed up to order a head..one of the great tonal builds imo, cool cat he is missed.

don, still have two of your rm units - great pieces w/ the right circuit/tubes [GEC KT-66] =|

Latest posts