AVATAR Cabinets and Speakers-What you may not know.

• Thread starter MartyStrat54
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was in the market for an empty 212 cab. I bought a cab on EBAY and it was a joke. Just horrible. I sent it back. I tried seeing what was available used and wasn't having any luck. I then remembered about AVATAR.

I've never dealt with them before, but the first thing I thought of was if I got a 212 cab from them and liked it, I could get another matching one made. I sent Dave Noss an email letting him know what I was wanting. Dave responded very quickly to my email (and trust me, he is a busy guy).

Well as it turns out, AVATAR was running a special on their 212 cabs. They have two models, the Traditional and the Contemporary.

Traditonal

g212blackgoldweave.jpg

Contemporary

cont%20black.jpg

Here is where it gets good. The empty Traditional is $259 and the empty Contemporary is $299. This applies to black Tolex only, but you get your choice of grill colors with white, black, silver or gold piping.

Keep in mind that that the entire cab is made out of 3/4 inch, 13 ply Birch plywood with rabbet and dado interlocking side joints for extreme strength.

This is one hell of a deal. Try finding a cab of this quality in the same price range.

Well I ended up buying two of the Contemporary cabs just like in the above picture. Black Tolex, wheat colored grill and white piping. At that price I just said, "What the hell, I'm in for a pair."

Well it gets even better. AVATAR has "loaded" 212 cabs on sale. Guys, this is not a good deal, it is a smoking deal, but it is only good for about two more weeks. Dave is offering Traditional 212 cabs in Black (with your choice of grill and piping colors) loaded with Celestion V30's for $325!

He is also offering the same cab loaded with the kick ass Creamback 65's for $378!

Try buying two new Celestion speakers and a well built 212 cab for less than this.

He is also offering this same deal with the Contemporary cabs $364 with V30's and $397 with Creamback 65's.

All cabs have a $49 shipping charge per cab whether they are empty or loaded.

Dave also offers cabs in a wide variety of colors. Email him for info on this and pricing. They can do pretty much anything you want.

Now for some other info. Did you know that AVATAR is like the cheapest place to buy Eminence or Celestion speakers? Well I didn't, but I do now. I was shocked when Dave stated some of his prices. I'll never buy a speaker anywhere else again.

Here is a sampling of AVATAR speaker pricing.

CELESTION

Celestion 12" Guitar Speakers

Vintage 30 - $99 each, $189 pair 8 or 16 ohm

G12H30 - $99 each, $189 pair 8 or 16 ohm

Greenback - $99 each, $189 pair 8 or 16 ohm

Classic Lead 80 $99 each, $189 pair 8 or 16 ohm

V Type 70w $69 each, 8 or 16 ohm

G12T75 - $88 each, 8 ohm or 16 ohm in stock

K100 - $99 each, $189 pair 8 or 16 ohm

Creambacks M65 $139 each, 8 or 16 ohm

Creambacks H75 $149 each, 8 or 16 ohm

Heritage H 55 Hz- $149 each, 8 or15 ohm

Heritage H 75 Hz- $149 each, 8 or 15 ohm

HELLATONE

Hellatone 12" - Your favorite Celestion speakers, already broken in for you.

Hellatone 30 - $99 each, $189 pair (G12H30) 8 or 16 ohm

Hellatone 60 - $99 each, $189 pair (Vintage 30)8 or 16 ohm

EMINENCE

Eminence 12" Guitar Speakers

Wizard $79 each, 8 ohm or 16 ohm

Governor $79 each , 8 ohm or 16 ohm

Swamp Thang $79 each, 8 ohm or 16 ohm

Texas Heat $75 each, 8 ohm or 16 ohm

Private Jack $75 each, 8 ohm or 16 ohm

Red Fang Alnico $188, 8 ohm

Eric Johnson EJ1250 $254 each, 8 ohm

The above listing is just a partial list of the speakers that are available.

AT THIS TIME THERE IS FREE SHIPPING ON ALL SPEAKER PURCHASES.

I'm posting all this info because I know you guys like bargains and what I have listed is one hell of a bargain. Incredible prices on 212 cabs and blow out prices on speakers.

If you need a 212 cab, loaded or unloaded, you can't do any better than this.

Contact AVATAR with any other questions about other guitar or bass cabs.

Orders (208) 762-5251

dave@avatarspeakers.com

Last edited:

mott555

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about Avatar, and their prices are awesome. I don't have one yet because my main cabinet HAD to be a real Marshall with G12M's, but any future cabs will likely be Avatar. Eventually I'd like to get a pair of Avatar 212's, one with V30's or G12T-75's, and another with Creambacks.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I will be posting pictures of my cabs when I get them in about 8 days. This is a little longer than their usual ship time, but they are extremely busy with guys getting their tax returns and "cashing" in on these great deals.

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
I used to own a traditional 4X12 and sold it off to make some bucks to go toward the purchase of my JMP! Dynamite cabs, very solid, great sounding! Nothing but praise for Avatar.
Now I have a shot at a brand new Carvin Legacy top cab with V30's for $400 to put under the JMP!

John 14:6

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Avatar also. I bought their oversized vintage 2x12 loaded with a Celestion Vintage 30 and a Celestion G12H Heritage delivered to my door for less than $500.00 about five years ago. The cab sounds better and than ever. I have had guys give me some nice compliments on how that cabinet sounds. The Marshall 1936 with G75's and plastic parts, was selling for I think $629.00 at the time. The speakers alone would have cost me $330.00 if I bought them from Musician's Friend to upgrade the Marshall 1936. My Avatar cabinet is sitting under my YJM100 in my Avatar. :D

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I have bought many speakers from him in the past and talked with him on the phone about various speakers. He is great and so are his prices. 139.00 for a new Celestion Creamback M65 is a great price. Never tried his cabs though, they look great and I bet they sound awesome.

chuckelator

Reaction score
Avatar is the best!!! I have a Traditional 212 loaded with 100w Ted Weber Legacys, and it does not disappoint!

In fact.. my Avatar cab is the one pictured in my avatar :)

Cadblaster

Reaction score
Another fan of Avatar here.
Got several of their cabs and got nothing but good things to say.

sinner 13

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was in the market for an empty 212 cab. I bought a cab on EBAY and it was a joke. Just horrible. I sent it back. I tried seeing what was available used and wasn't having any luck. I then remembered about AVATAR.

I've never dealt with them before, but the first thing I thought of was if I got a 212 cab from them and liked it, I could get another matching one made. I sent Dave Noss an email letting him know what I was wanting. Dave responded very quickly to my email (and trust me, he is a busy guy).

Well as it turns out, AVATAR was running a special on their 212 cabs. They have two models, the Traditional and the Contemporary.

Traditonal

g212blackgoldweave.jpg

Contemporary

cont%20black.jpg

Here is where it gets good. The empty Traditional is $259 and the empty Contemporary is $299. This applies to black Tolex only, but you get your choice of grill colors with white, black, silver or gold piping.

Keep in mind that that the entire cab is made out of 3/4 inch, 13 ply Birch plywood with rabbet and dado interlocking side joints for extreme strength.

This is one hell of a deal. Try finding a cab of this quality in the same price range.

I bought a Vintage 4x10, Unloaded, right after I got married 3 years ago,

$299 + $49 S&H

they were running a sale on a Buyout of relabeled Celestion G10C 30's from Hartke, I got 4 for $60.

That's a fully loaded cab for $400USD:applause:

These cabs are SOLID, and quality is comparable to their $400+ UNLOADED counterparts from other Manufacturers.:hbang:

poeman33

Reaction score
I'm a big Avatar fan. My 2x12 is the traditional, but it still is well made and sounds great.

My Vintage 4x12 is just...well...fantastic.

hbucker

Reaction score
How much do their 212 cabs weigh? Just curious.

thx

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I'm going with Sourmash cabs, I like the looks of them better. Sour Mash Guitar Cabs

Yes PEDE I thought about Sourmash, but it's like anything else...personal preference. Avatar and Sourmash both build quailty stuff,:applause:

The main point of this thread was letting guys know about the sale prices that Avatar is having, especially on loaded 212 cabs.

Also, Avatar's speaker prices are just downright LOW.:yesway:

Ghostman

Reaction score
I'm going with Sourmash cabs, I like the looks of them better. Sour Mash Guitar Cabs

I have to agree. The Sourmash look like Marshall cabs. The Avatar's look like Fender or Orange. I'm a stickler for details so even though they are cheaper but built great, I'd have a real hard OCD time buying one for my Marshall head.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Well I bought these cabs to go with my RCA amp that Terry (Guitar Rocker) is building for me, Ghost.

If I was looking for something to go with a Marshall, I would have to consider Sourmash.