avt 150 blows main fuse then some

• Thread starter old lefty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

old lefty

Reaction score
2000 model year avt 150 combo blew main fuse after horrible squeelng sound i replaced the fuse with chassis out i turn it on it immediatly blows the 7293 main power supplies they went orange i turned it off unplugged the mains turn it on the pre amp tube lights up run it for 30 seconds turn off . since even shitty combo amps are now 300 to 600 bucks should i fix this oldtimer it's always worked well any thoughts?

Exotic

Reaction score
please get an all valve amp ,thANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND HAVE A NICE DAY !

1 (Mobile).JPG

old lefty

Reaction score
Any signs of burned components?
no other signs of bad components other than the power boards smokin i talked to a tech he said i got a direct short somewhere i said no shit sherlock so i'll be droppin it off it's been a good amp for 8 years i found a 4x12 vs cab for $100 bucks so i got$ 250 in the whole deal i play around with a couple other guys we ain't pros hell we barely get thru a verse wit out screwin up but we don't quit. everybody says get an all valve amp but i don't have a couple grand layin around i live on disability i don't make 70 grand a year wrenchin on h-d's anymore so i gotta stay cheap we'll see what the prognosis is

old lefty

Reaction score
please get an all valve amp ,thANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND HAVE A NICE DAY !

View attachment 79825
thanks for the update there chief i had a half stack when i was a lot younger had to sell it cancer will cause those things glad your wife has a good job so she can buy me another one no fights now i know ya'll big stack guys hate solid state stuff if i could afford one i would get one probably a blackstar oh and i see lots of all valve amps in the shops bein fixed all the time it's just a matter of time i got mc intosh tube amps in my home stereo set up 1958 mc 30-s about every 8 to 10 years they blow a cap or i just update the tubes they get weak with age those ole girls are worth more than that stack you got i guarantee ya that been playin with tube stuff since 75 and the sound is amazing full stacks are in the past ya got pa's now that do the job for ya all ya need is a 50 watt combo it's a braggin thing

Exotic

Reaction score
thanks for the update there chief i had a half stack when i was a lot younger had to sell it cancer will cause those things glad your wife has a good job so she can buy me another one no fights now i know ya'll big stack guys hate solid state stuff if i could afford one i would get one probably a blackstar oh and i see lots of all valve amps in the shops bein fixed all the time it's just a matter of time i got mc intosh tube amps in my home stereo set up 1958 mc 30-s about every 8 to 10 years they blow a cap or i just update the tubes they get weak with age those ole girls are worth more than that stack you got i guarantee ya that been playin with tube stuff since 75 and the sound is amazing full stacks are in the past ya got pa's now that do the job for ya all ya need is a 50 watt combo it's a braggin thing

:iough: