AVT 275 FX Loop Mod

• Thread starter beammeupwelshy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

finofitz

Reaction score
Just done this mod to my AVT150 combo - very easy 10 min job just snipped resistor. Using a small patch cable at back when not using the loop. Works a treat, no prob with levels etc. 6m run to pedal board noise free etc.

SPCKGuitars

Reaction score
Ive been reeeeally mulling over incorporating this mod into my AVT 150H. I just got back from my studio after testing my new TC NOVA system, and I was able to get it sounding pretty good even within a Parallel loop environment. Everywhere Im reading though, Im seeing "use a nova with a Serial loop". So I'm more than likely missing out on better sounding effects, almost comparable to running it directly in?

Does anyone that has this mod incorporated into their AVT, run a TC Nova system in the Loop? If so please let me know if its worth the effort.

Also in the Schematic, I cannot seem to locate the Resistors R91 or R92, All the resistors are in the 100's from what I can tell. Thanks

SPCKGuitars

Reaction score
* just found the resistor, I was on wrong page. R91 seems to be the only one I need to mess with seeing is I dont have R92 on my model.

I want to make sure of a couple of things before I attempt this.
A) When R91 is removed, I keep Mix volumes of clean/heavy turned all the way up correct? Or does the volume knobs not matter anymore?
B) If I remove my Nova from the loop (or when cables are unplugged from send/return) Will it function properly, or do I need to do something like run a patch between send and return?

Thanks for help

beammeupwelshy

Reaction score
Hey.

Yep, turn he FX loop levels all the way up for both channels.

And yep when the nova isn't in the loop you need to patch the send to the return with a guitar cable or a small pedal patch style cable.

Note: I said it before but it's worth saying again in case you don't like it. When you do this you physically separate the preamp from the power amp, hence the need to use a patch cord or pedal in the loop. One side effect of this is that the on board FX mix control now works like a level control (no longer a mix control) for the on board FX. As long as this doesn't bother you then definitely go for it.

This just means that as you change the main volume of the amp the on board FX levels don't follow the main volume, they in essence have their own master volumes. Never bothered me since I never used the on board FX, but it's worth noting if you do use the on board FX, since it means you have change their volumes if you change the amp volume.

You could mod it like I did with a switch, but in reality just cut the resistor out and it will be way more useful as an amp =)

Albee213

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I am having a problem with a AVT100 112 Combo and want to mod the FX loop to serial. I have opened it and looked over the board but do not see a R91 or R92 anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, parallel fx loops are worthless and I cant use my fx unit in the 4 channel method... Love this amp but need that to work or it must go!

Mike Ledesma

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I am having a problem with a AVT100 112 Combo and want to mod the FX loop to serial. I have opened it and looked over the board but do not see a R91 or R92 anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, parallel fx loops are worthless and I cant use my fx unit in the 4 channel method... Love this amp but need that to work or it must go!
Hey, i think the right resistor is labeled R58 for the avt100. I've done my research and compared the schematics. The R58 its in page 2 of avt100_60_02_iss1.pdf

Attachments

• marshall-avt50-avt150-schematics.zip
    865.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Douglas Bothof

Reaction score
Hello gents. Amy chance of seeing actual pics? I can solder bit I just can't really read a schematic. Got an AVT275 that I would like to permanently chamge to serial. Or pics of the switch, thats not a bad idea either.

Latest posts