AVT Thread

• Thread starter mrpipster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
AVT Marshalls were my favorite for a long time.
I started with a 20 combo. Loved it. Bought s 50watt AVT head. Loved it more.
Stumbled upon an AVT150 head with 4 position foot pedal cheap.

The heads are set up with Marshall 260 watt 4x12 cabs.
They sound great.
No mods or funny business. Just turn them on and let them go.

ENJOY YOUR NEW AMP!

Treynor

Reaction score
I've been a member here for 5 years and enjoyed reading the forum...but not much of a poster here!

I wanted to share my experience with the AVT50 combo I purchased several months ago. I took a chance with it when I saw it listed in the GC used section online. The photos looked like it was in good shape, and at $149, I figured why not?

It arrived and is in excellent condition. I'm guessing it was never gigged and maybe not even played much. Being the tweaker I am, I did replace the tube with a JJ, and upgraded the speaker to a WGS Invader 50, 4 ohm.

I'm very happy with the speaker upgrade. Is the change an OMG moment where I now have a completely different amp? No. The character of the amp is really still the same But it does play significantly louder with the Invader. And it is more dimensional in both the clean and overdriven channels. The cleans seem more refined, just a little warmer and with plenty of headroom. And the OD channel has to my ears a better crunch.

With the speaker upgrade and replacing the one tube with a JJ ECC83, I'm $300 all in on the amp. Which I am ecstatic about. Very nice clean and OD sounds, takes pedals well, and all the volume I need.

7F65588A-CF50-41E0-9D9D-2F890621AD38.jpeg

Latest posts