B.C. Rich - New(-ish) “Invisibolt” neck mounting system

• Thread starter V-man
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score

I just saw this for the first time this morning. While 3+3 is rock, not metal IMO and that stupid AF “Krab Stock” will ALWAYS be a non-negotiable deal-breaker for me… however, I find the mounting idea to be extremely clever and for the first time, can envision a bolt-on methodology I can live with.

RLW59

Reaction score
It's a clever variation of the '70s S.D. Curlee neck joint. More hidden but similar concept.
ha8f96jadmubs3y8wvma (1).jpg160px-SD_Curlee_rear_plate.jpg

With the Curlee design the bridge is attached to the neck like a true neck through.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'm also a fan of the Widow headstock so IMHO those are cool and definitely a cool 80's classic design. Being a big W.A.S.P./Blackie Lawless fan since I was a kid in the 80's, I'm a little partial to it.

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Half set-neck/half neck-thru properties at bolt-on ease? Seems like a clear winner to me… once they ditch that Krabcore bullshit and do these with proper Headstocks.
Yeah I'd like to see this with the traditional BCR headstocks, both the 3x3 and 6L designs.

V-man

Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to see this with the traditional BCR headstocks, both the 3x3 and 6L designs.

Better yet, they could just do something like a capital B shape insert and then allow the user to choose between 3+3 or 6IL shapes like the Mockingbird or the junior V hockey stick, etc

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Over complicated, but has a "neat-o" factor that will appeal to some.

There is no need for six bolts, and because of the jigsaw nature of the fit two machine screws going into machine inserts would be enough. I also don't like having to remove the pickups to get to the bolts. There is no reason not to have the machine screws located in the back for easier access.

Too gimmicky for me, but I'm sure it functions as intended.

Ymmv

V-man

Reaction score
Over complicated, but has a "neat-o" factor that will appeal to some…
The “neat-o factor” for me would be interchangeable necks of different styles… something I might appreciate but probably wouldn’t fool with.

…I also don't like having to remove the pickups to get to the bolts. There is no reason not to have the machine screws located in the back for easier access….

If you mean having the machine screws at the back of the body, I can accept your gripe as solid suggestion for improvement. If implied more traditionally -anywhere near the heal (regardless of some ESP-type shaved heal w countersunk screws), I disagree completely.

Too gimmicky for me, but I'm sure it functions as intended.

As the Jr V is presented, not my cup of tea, but as a precursor to an improved way to build modern, cheaper Bolt-ons, the concept itself may be the most novel thing for guitars since the Floyd Rose.