Been researching Bareknuckle Pickups...

• Thread starter chuckelator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckelator

Reaction score
I'm sure this isn't the only BK thread here, but have been seriously looking into their offerings for the Telecaster over the past few days, in my search for higher output single coils. They come off as supremely impressive sounding, ESPECIALLY the Blackguard Tele Flat 50, and the Piledriver. Their soundclips are great, and they're using the same riffs, so hearing those subtle differences in tone is much easier. In fact, the modern metal clips on those two Tele sets sound better than any of their humbucker modern metal clips do (to my ears, anyway)

I might be sold on these things, unless anyone else has some other suggestions, as they are a bit on the pricey side, but that old saying "you get what you pay for" is really resonating with me right now.

Blacque Jacque

Reaction score
While it may not be totally relevant to your search, I own a guitar with a BK pickup.

My Tokai Love Rock has a BK Emerald in the bridge and it performs as they describe it. It sounds great through my DSL's and SL-X. I've played a couple of other guitars with BK pickups & they sound very good too, although not a Tele.

Yes they are expensive, but I would certainly buy another Emerald if I needed to match the Tokai with another guitar.

SwampThing

Reaction score
I'm with you Chuckelator, I've been squirreling money away for a set for my LP. I've heard nothing but good things as well.

LAARS

Reaction score
All my les Paul's have Bare Knuckles Black dogs, and my USA Tele has a set of The Boss pickups. My Favorite pickups.

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Tims pickups are stellar. I think the only set that have not done it for me with his stuff is the Mule but that is just taste. They are worth every penny.

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Swamp I know we do not see eye to eye but the tone of these live and the feel is 1974 with a bit more edge. Note seperation is fantastic even in the neck position. Chords ring out very well and almost seem to swell. I have played several sets and they always seem to get it if that vmakes sense.

jack daniels

Reaction score
Chuck, as tele pickups go, one of the top tele pup winders Don Mare makes EXCELLENT tele pickups. I have the ZepOTones 2 Live set modeled after Jimmy Page's rewound tele bridge pup for live performances. Don also has the studio version which has slightly less output at the bridge pup than the ZepOTone 2 set. Don also has many other tele sets to choose from as well.

Don Mare Pickups - Imagine going back in time to the 1950s and being able to get a set of pickups wound to suit your style and gear, then zoom back to today -- Don Mare's Pickups has done it!

sinner 13

Reaction score
Never played any of the single coils stuff, but put a Painkiller in a 78 LP Custom a while back, I have to say that thing sounded Awesome through a Plexi.

I wanna try the 22.5k WarPig...

wp2.jpg

EL 34

Reaction score
i just got their 59 and 63 patent single coils. i cant wait to try them.

LAARS

Reaction score
How are the Black Dogs? That's the set I was looking for.

The black dogs have very clear note definition but get a nice growl when you push on it. Nice mid push, and tight bottom end. It gets that page type tone.