Best celestions for a JVM1H?

• Thread starter Ed Hunter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Hunter

Reaction score
Looking for input on which celestions for a 1 watt marshall JVM?
I have both 2x12 and marshall 1960 4x12 cabs i can use for the celestions.
Right now the 4x12 cabs have stock celestions and the 2x12 cab is empty.
Looking for a celestion that sounds great as real low volumes as well as cranked? classic rock tones like van halen,ratt,jake e lee,lynch, as well as some metal stuff, arch enemy,lamb of god,maiden,

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
I'd take a long hard look at the WGS speakers. I've got the 10" Retro 10s and dialing in the late 70s to mid 80s rock tone, was the easiest to find. They respond very well to EQ changes and balance out well.

Some of the nicest sounding speakers I've heard. Slightly cheaper than Celestions.

If I were shopping for Celestions though, and the tone you want? Everyone was pushing me towards the Vintage line, when I was still shopping.

Darth Federer

Reaction score
I use two vertical 2x12's. One is a Mesa and one is a Marshall. The Mesa has v30's and the Marshall has heritage g12-h30's. I prefer the v30's with the JVM. I only play in my condo at relatively low volumes. I've also run it through a creamback and a Splawn small block. Might've liked the Splawn next best. None of them sound bad though.

Pat6969

Reaction score
I play mine through V30's as well. I have a 2x12 Mesa Recto cab and I tried Greenbacks, G12H anniversaries, V30's and various combos of each. I finally settled on the V30's. I'd suggest finding cabs to try out, my little experiment cost me quite a bit in speakers I will now never use! Lol!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
almost all of the people you named use(d) GREENBACKS..

*POOF!!!!*

-(another problem solved)-

SG~GUY

Reaction score
think I remember someone else saying the same thing,...when I think "muddy" I don't think greenback thou...

but do they have a JVM-1?

I find the GB muddy w/ the JVM... ymmv...