Bias Questions

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
And this is where you guys lose me. Right after biasing. I knows nothing.

I will say i felt the head warm up a hair but hearing wanders. And i do really like how it sounds and feels at 28mv. The combo doesn't make me want to hit 33mv on the head for any tone change. The 80 watt head kills right where its at.

Wish you were my neighbor Mickey so you could look for yourself.lol Be quicker.
Well it is ok with the 5150 since those things present a hotter (high level) signal to the power section. If you are pushing the preamp or PI sections with anything that elevates or boost the signal then it can be even hotter.
So whether it is idled at 28mA or 33mA it will not matter. A higher level signal will push the power tubes more than enough to make up for that difference.
:yesway::)

You must have a set of colder power tubes. Normally things should provide a decent bias range.

I forget; where about is Wetville?

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it is ok with the 5150 since those things present a hotter (high level) signal to the power section. If you are pushing the preamp or PI sections with anything that elevates or boost the signal then it can be even hotter.
So whether it is idled at 28mA or 33mA it will not matter. A higher level signal will push the power tubes more than enough to make up for that difference.
:yesway::)

You must have a set of colder power tubes. Normally things should provide a decent bias range.

I forget; where about is Wetville?
Wetville is Washington, especially the coast side(western).

Latest posts