Blues and warm cleans but aggressive distortion...

• Thread starter Mika555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mika555

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Does it exist? An amp with bluesy warm Cleans, i mean really really good cleans like fender deluxe or something like Marshall jvm (clean), jtm (input 2) or victory v40........... A great great clean but aggressive metal distortion too?why do every manufacturer make the choice between bluesy amps or modern amps?

Thanks

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello out there.

Does it exist? An amp with bluesy warm Cleans, i mean really really good cleans like fender deluxe or something like Marshall jvm (clean), jtm (input 2) or victory v40........... A great great clean but aggressive metal distortion too?why do every manufacturer make the choice between bluesy amps or modern amps?

Thanks
Um, are you not getting enough gain out of a JVM?
I thought they had a knob for that.

Mika555

Reaction score
I don't have a jvm.
I play something different. But i asked because i have been searching for a new amp. But i don't know wich one?

anitoli

Reaction score
Sure it exists. A 6100 will do what i think you are looking for. The mode switches on channel two go from a JTM45 - JCM800 - JCM900 type of gain structures and then you have the clean channel and the third channel which is over the top gain wise. Try one out if you can.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a jvm.
I play something different. But i asked because i have been searching for a new amp. But i don't know wich one?
Are you looking for 100W, or something smaller?
Head & cab, or combo?
All my tube Marshalls have nice cleans, they are all a little different and I like them that way, but you should try some and see what you like.
My 6101, DSL & Haze have all the gain I want, and a little pedal juice in the Origin gets there too.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Lots of channel switching amps out there can do that. You'll need one that has two channels, because the EQ for warm sweet cleans is NOT the same EQ you need for a good sounding aggressive distortion.

ampeq

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Thanks
Is there a limit on spending?

Derek S

Reaction score
It's a pricey reply, but you're describing a Bogner Ecstasy. There's a few others that check your boxes too naturally (Mesa Royal Atlantic, Stiletto, Orange) but that jumped out to me as I happen to have one. The green/clean channel is a Fender Super Reverb/Deluxe Reverb clone, the blue channel can go from blues to crunch (and even D-tones as a bonus). The red channel is all kinds of pissed off EL34 tones, from tight to chewy (for rhythms or leads, etc).

ampeq

Reaction score
http://3rdpower.com/kitchen-sink-6vel/
I posted this amp to see if anyone had one, but nobody did.
If it does all it says here’s about the best amp ever. Read all it does, pretty amazing to say the least. However, amazing has a price, about $4000! Well worth it if it does everything right though.

Rudy v

Reaction score
Have you played a engl artist edition 100 watt el34 amplifier

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Thanks

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
spark-guitar-amplifier-and-phone-app-new-202107.png

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks posted wrong demo and can’t work out how to remove it , lol . I was trying to post a demo of an EVH lbx ii .
IDK, the DSL1H has some nice cleans and aggressive distortion...
It's an option for OP, if he responds, or we may not hear from him again for another couple of months with another obscure question about why everything isn't exactly the way he wants it to be.
I think he answered his own question in his first question - get a JVM.

yladrd61

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Thanks

Latest posts