Blues and warm cleans but aggressive distortion...

• Thread starter Mika555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

junk notes

Reaction score
Blues and warm cleans but aggressive distortion...

Hello out there.

Does it exist? An amp with bluesy warm Cleans, i mean really really good cleans like fender deluxe or something like Marshall jvm (clean), jtm (input 2) or victory v40........... A great great clean but aggressive metal distortion too?why do every manufacturer make the choice between bluesy amps or modern amps?

Thanks
I am guessing an amp within the OP's budget that has the highest desirable watts and the biggest and fattest power tubes.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
The new and improved "Everything" but a Marshall forum.......................lol
I have been down the road with many amps as we all probably have. I never had the end all marshall but I came close . There was the one JMP that got away from me $900. I had a JMD50, JCM 900 4200 DR,JCM 2205 , DSL 40c, DSL100 and a slew of other brands. The 900 would be the one I miss most. It also did a great clean which with the right pedal probably would do blues. It would do heavy in spades no pedals. Brutal loud fn kill a dsl and eat it for breakfast.

Last edited:

Marshallmadness

Reaction score
I got a 18 watt TMB combo off Craigslist years ago and it’s absolutely phenomenal. It can do it all with a combination of guitars, pedals, skills, etc, except have really big clean headroom for obvious reasons. The TMB side can give some nice smooth BB King type stuff, jazz, etc. That side with proper boosting can give some smoking AC/DC, SRV, and Hendrix stuff.

The real fun is on the other channel that has the high/low input, volume, and tone knob. I feed it a guvnor boosted with a tube screamer and turn it up. You better look out. The speed metal raunch and attitude is to die for. Slayer and ride the lightning album explodes out of that thing.

proxy

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Does it exist? An amp with bluesy warm Cleans, i mean really really good cleans like fender deluxe or something like Marshall jvm (clean), jtm (input 2) or victory v40........... A great great clean but aggressive metal distortion too?why do every manufacturer make the choice between bluesy amps or modern amps?

Thanks

Fargen DBC

StingRay85

Reaction score
Hello out there.

Thanks

A SLO-100 can do it all

TheToneDig

Reaction score
why do every manufacturer make the choice between bluesy amps or modern amps?

Thanks

That point is basically about how two or more channel engineering is too focused on the dirt channels and the clean is a consequence of those channels with the gain down. Or the dirt is a consequence of the clean channel with the gain a way up. That the engineering is mostly one way or the other. So why not just get an amp that does one really well rather than making trade-offs to have more than one channel?

If you look at some amps they have dedicated tubes for each channel but others don't. Some channels may even share some tubes while others don't.

Now, that's a type of thinking. It might be true or not. There is a whole bunch of subjectivity when it comes to the answer to that but there are objective considerations for why one-trick pony amps might have the edge. Still there are examples of amps that contradict that view straight out. For example, if having more than one channel makes an amp not so good at doing one thing well, then how come the Diezel amps, EVH 5150III, JVMs or other high-end amps have such a good rep for doing everything from clean to dirt so well?

So at the end of the day, it comes down to whatever you think works for you or doesn't work for you, and forget about that background discussion.

Latest posts