Bluesbreaker combo demo (100% stock!)

• Thread starter Samuelp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SoloDallas

Reaction score
Sam, very nice demo.
I especially liked your playing. I also am a straight player.
I'm curious of what microphone did you use? And the drms loop? Nice.

Samuelp

Reaction score
Fil!?

I'm a great fan of your site!
I'm even a member :)

Your words means a lot to me!

So, the recording:

It was wery simple. 1 Shure Sm58 wery close to the grill cloth. Pointing to the edge of the dust cap.
Didn't use any compression or eq. The only thing that I did with the gitars is cut the subs (below 40 hz), and put a little room reverb on the solo. Hardly audiable...

I made the drums in Cubase 7 with groove agent.
The whole demo take 20-30 minit (mixing included). I played every track once and than mixed it in a few minits and export it.
I really did'nt take it seriuosly, but I really liked the way the amp sounds.

jvm210guy

Reaction score
When I aas looking for a BB I passed up on 2 because they were modded. I ended up with a 1974X, which I love and will keep stock.

Pedals are cool too though, but I guess for demo purposes it's good that you kept them out. Nice job..

bracky

Reaction score
ha im drunk and don't wont to mess this tread up but I just broke a prong off the inside of my cab its a 1960a cab am I f@#^ed or can this be fixed.

kamran

Reaction score
ha im drunk and don't wont to mess this tread up but I just broke a prong off the inside of my cab its a 1960a cab am I f@#^ed or can this be fixed.

It's ****ed. Throw it away or sell it as irreparably broken. There's no fix for that.

OP that demo was awesome!

Rodney the difference has nothing to do with the fact that it is hand wired. Absolutely nothing. It's different component values. HW 1959s are late 60s and the 1959slp is closer to a metal panel.

Marshallhead

Reaction score
Others have said it already but a major part of that amp sounding great is that the playing was great.

Latest posts