• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Borken Marshall Guvnor. Input jack

• Thread starter Hawkwind
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkwind

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a old Marshall Guvnor but the input jack is broken. Does anybody know where i can get a new input jack. It has 9 pins.

Best regards Kristoffer

Hawkwind

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I dont have a part number but here are two pics.

The input is the one on the left in both pics. Anyone know this spare part?

Attachments

• guvnor003.jpg
    guvnor003.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 38
  • guvnor004.jpg
    guvnor004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 31

Hawkwind

Reaction score
Re: Broken Marshall Guvnor. Input jack

Hi again. Been a while

Changed the titel too:thumb:

I cant find this jack anywhere. It should be a 9pin jack. Anybody knows were i can get it?

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Broken Marshall Guvnor. Input jack

Hi again. Been a while

Changed the titel too:thumb:

I cant find this jack anywhere. It should be a 9pin jack. Anybody knows were i can get it?

Man, when you locate that part, please let us know where you found it. I have that pedal as well.

I am sure quite a few others here have it as well?

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
9 pins huh?

Are you sure that all 9 pins are being used? Or that there might be some duplicate/parallel pins/terminals on there?

thetragichero

Reaction score
swedish_chef1251766987.jpg

bork bork bork

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just take a look at it and plug a cable into it and check continuity to see what the function is? As in what terminals go to tip and sleeve on the cable. I would not think it would be any special open closing/switching function? It should be taking your positive and ground signal. Maybe a closing/shorting function possibly like on an amp input possibly. You should be able to rig a standard jack in there somehow.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just take a look at it and plug a cable into it and check continuity to see what the function is? As in what terminals go to tip and sleeve on the cable. I would not think it would be any special open closing/switching function? It should be taking your positive and ground signal. Maybe a closing/shorting function possibly like on an amp input possibly. You should be able to rig a standard jack in there somehow.

Sorry - in my stupidness from last night when I was working on my amp, I forgot to mention that some of those pins are probably just anchors/supports for holding that case onto the PCB.