BOSS BE-5 Multi Effect pedal - anyone used/got one?

• Thread starter Claret Badger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Claret Badger

Reaction score
Just bought one on the recomendation of a learned guitar friend - from a well known auction site.

Anyone had one of these box of delights?

Not much info on the web - except people on Harmony Central like them

and a div on YOUTUBE trying to sell one.

Apparently the combined Distortion/Compression effects on it - is the reason BOSS brought out the OS-2 pedal

and that the Delay is the same as the DD-2

I'm gonna stick it on my JCM900 DR down the barrel of my Westone Thunder - and see what this cheapy MiJ pedal can do.

Claret Badger

Reaction score
take it that's a "no" then
Anyways - great cheap little pedal

going up in value - thought i'd give y'all a heads up:hippie:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the chorus in the BE-5 is a CE-2?

Who has one? What do you think?

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres the unit in question. Any info is appreciated.

559907606_o.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
According to some sources I've read, the chorus is a Boss CE-3. The stereo switch just turns on automatically when used in stereo.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep you are correct. I just got a message from someone who actually opened one and checked the chips. They are in fact a CE-3 and a DD-3. I still mIght buy it if he agrees to $150. I think its a handy little unit especially with an old 4 holer, or a 2203.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not bad value.
Well I did end up buying it for $150 today, so I hope it sounds half decent when it arrives.

jwebb1970

Reaction score
Yeah its not bad value.
Well I did end up buying it for $150 today, so I hope it sounds half decent when it arrives.
It should - I had one of these when they were a current product. While not the most gig-worthy construction (avoid using while playing w/ your Ace Frehley boots on), the sounds are rather classic BOSS. Should be a nice addition to your amps.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
It should - I had one of these when they were a current product. While not the most gig-worthy construction (avoid using while playing w/ your Ace Frehley boots on), the sounds are rather classic BOSS. Should be a nice addition to your amps.

It will be for home use only, for quick plug and play. So the plastic fantastic doesnt bother me.

deletist

Reaction score
a roommate gave me this pedal when he moved out. i repaired it &, have used it with my cello as well as circuit bent keyboards and other instruments... have opened it up a few times now because of switches needing to be replaced, or weird power issues depending on where on the power strip you plug it in...thought about selling it but am glad i changed my mind. found the correct power supply for it on ebay FINALLY -- 150mA negative pin 9Volt -- and a pdf of the OWNERS MANUAL! yay!!
:D
https://docs.google.com/file/d/19fSd5OiO6plf6KPjTfSpsruyU53gfx7FVGzkg3xse6ag6SNiEEWMkYiAVUBn/edit