• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Boss ES5 and MXR Micro Chorus - Volume Drop

• Thread starter Joao Marcelo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joao Marcelo

Reaction score
English isn't my native language, sorry in advance.

I have a Boss ES5 and I think I'm getting some kind of impedance issue with my MXR Micro Chorus.

I normally use the MXR at loop 4 and delay at loop 5. Using like this the Micro Chorus has its well know volume bump when engaged, thats ok.

But recently I needed to assign loop 4 to another pedal and moved the MXR to loop 5 together with the delay pedal. Now I'm having the oposite behavior. The MXR cuts volume when engaged.

When I remove the ES5 and use those pedals directly (guitar->MXR->Delay->Amp) I have the normal MXR's volume bump.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? I tryed with the ES5's buffer on, no effect.

Thanks!

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a programmable boost or cut. I don’t remember how to access it in the menus, can check it out when I get my ES8 in front of me.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I have my Boss GT-100 hooked up to a DSL40CR 4CM MIDI, and use patch level to fix the Classic Clean channel volume drop.