Brand new DSL100h problems

• Thread starter guitarpaul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarpaul

Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased a brand new dsl100 and I was running it through a brand new 1960av cab. I let the amp warm up and started playing.

After a little while I heard crackling noises (similar to a noise you'd get from a dodgy lead) through the speakers that didn't get louder when I turned up the volume and they continued even with the lead out. The noises got louder as the amp warmed up.

I tried different leads and a different cab, even going to my local recording studio to check if I was picking up radio signals but all to no avail the amp still made the noise. So I phoned up the guitar shop I got it from and had a replacement sent to me. Only problem is Im still getting the same issues with this new amp, in fact im getting a loud intermittent humming noise. What's going on? I thought it was a tube, but Im not paying for it as its a brand new amp.

Im just getting really fed up with sending the amps back to the shop :( any body know what could be causing this? Cheers

tazzboy

Reaction score
Might want to try replacing the tubes and see that gets it to stop.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOOBS.

Check them. They can hum, crackle, ring and pop.

Grunch

Reaction score
Wait, you had the same noise with the original amp and the replacement amp?

guitarpaul

Reaction score
Wait, you had the same noise with the original amp and the replacement amp?

Yeh I had the same noise from both. I've sent the amp back and got a refund. I'm going to get another one from a different shop.

Cheers for your help guys.

chadjwil

Reaction score
Wall voltage...check it. And check your PI tube (V4 on older dsl's). It probably has about 330Vdc on the plate which will definitely cause crackling sounds.

I don't know jack about these new dsl's but I do know what an overloaded PI sounds like.