• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Bummed out: SV20C on Reverb

• Thread starter cjs42079
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cjs42079

Reaction score
Gaaah, I woke up this morning and saw a beautiful SV20C newly listed on Reverb, still with tags on it. $788 shipped to my door! I put it in my cart and went to check out and boom it was gone! Which one of you bought it out from under me?? haha

SharkSandwich

Reaction score
Gaaah, I woke up this morning and saw a beautiful SV20C newly listed on Reverb, still with tags on it. $788 shipped to my door! I put it in my cart and went to check out and boom it was gone! Which one of you bought it out from under me?? haha
I saw it too. I figured too good to be true.

end user

Reaction score
I had that happen a couple weeks ago on the Guitar Center page. It wasnt an amp but something I really wanted at a killer price.

cjs42079

Reaction score
If one sees a deal like that, they better jump on it PRONTO!

What annoys me is that all too often stuff like this is bought up by other sellers, and then they re-sell it at a profit.
It’s funny you say that because I saw another one pop up real close to it a few hours later for $1,600….pffft

Colin848

Reaction score
A lot of dubious cheap listings for SV20s at the moment on reverb , European sellers with no feedback offering cheap shipping to the US. Hope it wasn’t one of them.

Last edited:

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
It’s funny you say that because I saw another one pop up real close to it a few hours later for $1,600….pffft

A good many years ago I was at a guitar show where I bought a reissue Fender Tube Reverb unit, and while I was talking to the seller a guy walked by and offered him a lower price on it than what he was asking, even though I was standing there with my hand on the thing! I was ready to break his freakin' arm if he touched it!

The seller turned him down, and when he left told me "If you want it, I'll let you have it for what he just offered me. That guy is another seller, and just wants to buy it so's he can re-sell it at a higher price." I told him I wanted it for myself, thanked him, and then paid him. I still have it, sounds awesome though my JMP!

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Doesn’t the C come with a dinky little 10” speaker? SV20 and SC20 do, from memory.. which in my opinion is a dumb choice, of Marshall’s.

If so, you’re better off with the head, for sure. Pairing it with a 2x12? 4x12?

cjs42079

Reaction score
Yea definitely better off with the head. That was always my preference but that combo price was so low I was willing to go for it.

I’ll plan on trying it through my jcm900 1960B and Origin 212a cabs.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Unfortunately, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Smile: you just saved yourself $788 that you can now spend on more gear! :^)

MarshallDog

Reaction score
LOL...wasn't meant to be!

end user

Reaction score
Yup shits me too . But I've seen a few guitar sellers on our forum like that so I try not to tell them what wankers I think they are :)

I stopped flipping gear about 15 years ago. It doesn't make sense now really. I used to make a pretty nice bit of extra cash doing it and I didn't have to try and gouge people. Was always win/win and thats why I stopped. I couldn't give great deals any more. Now when I sell something I price it to sell quickly because I dont want to wait. it's almost impossible now to flip for profit AND give someone a good deal.