Buy With Your Ears Not With Your Wallet

• Thread starter axe4me
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Calebz

Reaction score
I tried paying for a guitar with other people's ears.

Didn't turn out how I had hoped.

And honestly, retail workers always seem to respond better when I pull out my wallet than they do when I pull out a bag of ears.

A weird quirk of human nature, I guess.

Last edited:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Sorry, what is the actual question here?
My sense is that the OP suggests we should give more credence to the tone of the instrument, amp, or other gear we are considering rather than its cost, similar to other threads, and is lamenting how infrequently this approach is practiced. Not sure there is a question.

Wildeman

Reaction score
How come pork is the other white meat but my doctor calls it red meat?

Wildeman

Reaction score
My sense is that the OP suggests we should give more credence to the tone of the instrument, amp, or other gear we are considering rather than its cost, similar to other threads, and is lamenting how infrequently this approach is practiced. Not sure there is a question.
Yeah well, here's to more Credence...Screenshot_20230217-210818~2.png

Jimi-C

Reaction score
Live and learn , give it time , you might find that you like the instrument after all . a senior musician and well known luthier ounce told me that there are only two guitars , a Fender or a Gibson, anything else wants to be a Fender or Gibson.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Live and learn , give it time , you might find that you like the instrument after all . a senior musician and well known luthier ounce told me that there are only two guitars , a Fender or a Gibson, anything else wants to be a Fender or Gibson.
With that kind of thinking, he is missing out on some great instruments. I am into the Gibson thing for sure. In reality, I will play any guitar that I think sounds good and feels right. Not every Fender or Gibson is great.

I been stalking old Guild electrics on Reverb. I like stuff that is different...

The great thing about modern times is that we a lot of options. The bad thing is that we have a lot of options!!

Last edited: