BZY97C Zener Diode

• Thread starter RickyLee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
I am figuring the two BZY97C zener diodes in my TSL100 rear PCB need replaced. I do not have my +15VDC -15VDC supply. They are ZD1, ZD2 and the schematic lists the part as BZY97C. The 15V supply is fed from the 26VDC, what I measured and my wall voltage is a bit high. I would like to go with a higher wattage rating if possible. When I googled that part number it came up as 1.5W but then I was seeing 2 or more numbers/digits added on the zener part number, figuring that is the specific voltage for the part number.

And I am figuring I do need 15V zener for this then These are much bigger than the little orange ones in the amp. These look actually bigger than the 1N4007 diodes and they are black as well. That part number is coming up as 1.5W rating.

On my searching I found this chart and figure I would need to order part number BZY97 – C15. But am having tough time finding these. I found a few on Mouser , coming up at over $5 each lol. WTF?

I would like to order the ZD3 ZD4 ZD5 ZD6 as well, which are the smaller orange ones. They list as BZX55B 2.7V on the schematic.

I found this. I am figuring the last digits specify the voltage, BZX55B2V7 which is in the 2.7v range

Is it tough these days then finding zener diodes at 1.5W or higher rated? I know the higher rated in small axial is not possible.

Or to get a safer higher power dissipation, run them in parallel?