C19 Mod On A 2018 Dsl 20cr?

• Thread starter House
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

House

Reaction score
Check out my post on one of the DSL20 threads here. The headphone out problem is pretty widespread. It was acknowledged by Marshall to be a known issue. On the amps with the headphone problem, the FX loop is also messed up. Since most people don't use the headphone out, they'll probably never know their amp is broken. And they'll write off the FX loop problem as being "that's just the way the loop on this amp works...". Unfortunately, no. It's broken.

Try another one and make sure the headphone out works right. On the ones with the properly working headphone out and FX loop, I noticed a difference in the amp's tone. Also the gain on the Ultra channel seemed, at least to my ears, not as harsh and way more manageable. I like the amp so much I've gone through three broken ones and am waiting for my fourth to arrive next week.
Damn Dogg, I just got this replacement from Sweetwater. I knew I should have waited for the defects demos, LOL! Well, so far, it's working correctly. I dropped an Eminence Cannabis Rex in it. This amp pushes the 50 watts well. I had a Greenback in it and it was choking on it. I tried a Creamback G12H, but the 20 watt amp get more open the an I want. I'll keep critiquing it, til it blows up...

Willy kaye

Reaction score
My two cents. Send it back and get the DSL20h. The two channels are seamless. Shared EQ perfect. The classic channel gain ends where the ultra begins with my cabs. Brightness is best controlled from the guitar tone knob.
I find i still have to swing the presence around switching channels plus coupla pedals in front

Latest posts