Can You Kick This Guys Ass On Guitar?

• Thread starter CADILLAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
The OP was a "holy shit" moment for me. Haven't gotten to the others yet, but dayum that was refreshing. Thanks for poasting that CADILLAC. Oh - and to see that the guitar player simple plugged in a couple stomp boxes to get his tone - man icing on teh cake!

I goes nuts over that kind of stuff!!

Bahhh!!!

CADILLAC

Reaction score
Exactly how does a capo makes him an inferior player?

It doesn't. It's just that in all my years of playing at jam sessions, gigging in smoke filled bars, and playing with the famous and not so famous, I have never seen a blues player use a capo, at least not in Texas. It was unusal to see a guitar player win a blues competition with a capo. I think that most blues guitar players use open strings at least once in a while. But YMMV.

Wiseblood

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I very much disliked that. I felt it lacked in feeling.

He's a good player in my books, better than me in that dept.

This isn't at all me saying I am better, or that he sucks. Not at all. Its just I wasn't into or moved by it at all.

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score
The idea that there is a "blues master" is absolute shit. Especially every year. That's absurd. I hate this whole modern thing where there has to be a new idol every year.

"You're the next American Idol!"

Bullshit. You sang rearranged covers, and got votes. That does not make you an artist, and most definitely not an idol. Nor is this guy the blues master. Doesn't exist.

We've become so obsessed with prodigies. Yes, they're talented, but I don't see them as idols. Most of them will fade away after their few minutes of fame.

A 10 year old that can play blues licks, and everyone's shitting themselves with how bluesy and soulful the kid is. Anyone in their mid 20s does that, no one bats an eye.

**** these contests.

Wiseblood

Reaction score
Don't take them literally.

They are great cause they support competition which leads to people striving to be better.

Mind you that is geared to guitar contests, I personally hate American Idol lol

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
advertising/promotion = dollars spent at GC

Shazbot

Reaction score
Sounded good. Would've been better with a proper guitar. I hate those PRS'.

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
I thought it was extremely boring. Uninspiring tone and mundane licks too, on a sterile guitar.

He thinks he knows what the blues is, and yet doesn't play the blues well... he plays notes accurately.. but whatever.

He's got that boring Joe Bonamassa type tone too.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score

Latest posts