Can you play Bass in a Guitar amp and cab

• Thread starter shwantz34
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lord_guitarula

Reaction score
As long as you don't overload the cab (running a Super Bass through one Greenback cab might not be the best idea) you will be fine!
Our bassplayer uses an old super bass through my 1960B cab and it sounds amazing!

ics1974

Reaction score
I did it for a while with my DSL and 1960A cab but at low volumes. It was fine and sounded ok. I did this until I was ready to invest in a true bass rig.

AdamR

Reaction score
I play bass through my 900 once in a while, Never tried it with a full band though.

Also Steve Harris uses Marshall 1960 cabs loaded with EV 12" bass speakers and lots of bass players will use a guitar head and cab for their dirty tones or blend it with a bass rig to give it some grit.

DILLIGAS

Reaction score
I was thinking of changing out the 75hz with 55hz in the 4x12 but thinking I just might leave it since I'm using the Ampeg for the lows and the money is the another factor. Maybe one day if I happen across some 55hz I'll grab 'em.

bdubbs

Reaction score
I would run it throug the head and grab a 1x15 or 2x10 bass cab. You would be all set. I recorded bass on my album using an orange head and a bass cab.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I would think you could run a bass through anything you want, it just wont sound as good as if through a bass amp which is designed to accentuate the "bass" tones.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I would run it throug the head and grab a 1x15 or 2x10 bass cab. You would be all set. I recorded bass on my album using an orange head and a bass cab.

I've run it through my 2204 into my Peavey sp-5's & it sounds killer.:thumb: