Celestion G12-65 Heritage Series - How Does It Compare?

• Thread starter dptone5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dptone5

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the new Celestion G12-65 Heritage speaker? How does it compare to the original?

Would like to put higher powered speakers in my 1936 cabinet. Currently have on Greenback and one G12T-75.

I have a 1960BX with Greenbacks. That is my favorite cabinet. Looking for some diversity. Already tried pairing the G12-65M Creamback with the Greenback in the 1936 and I thought it had too much break-up. The 75 Watt Creamback sounds a lot like the G12T-75.

I hear nothing but great things about the original G12-65's.

Play a Jubilee and a 2203X. 80's rock primarily. Also like blues.....

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/sea...rect=true&sB=r&Ntt=Celestion+G12-65+Heritage+

Thanks.

DP

dptone5

Reaction score
Thanks CG.....I looked into but still want some more input.

C'mon guys.....no one here has any first hand experience with the Heritage G12-65?

dptone5

Reaction score
That was terrific use of the 10% coupon and a 5% Backstage Pass discount.....

Picked up the G12-65 Heritage and paired it with a Greenback in my 2x12, replacing the G12T-75.

It's not even close to be being broken in and all I can say is WOW!! Pairs up so well with a Greenback. Tonally close, with a little deeper bottom end and less speaker break-up. Like a smooth Greenback.....so nice!!!

I can't wait to record a few comparison clips with this cab and my others. I think the G12-65 Heritage is going to be a keeper!!!

Trapland

Punk, classic, funk, jazz and everything else.
Reaction score
I can’t speak to those speakers in the same cab, but I have heard both and thought they sounded remarkably similar. Next best was the Weber version. The warehouse, although good sounding didn’t remind me of the g12-65 at all.

Shae201

Reaction score
That was terrific use of the 10% coupon and a 5% Backstage Pass discount.....

Picked up the G12-65 Heritage and paired it with a Greenback in my 2x12, replacing the G12T-75.

It's not even close to be being broken in and all I can say is WOW!! Pairs up so well with a Greenback. Tonally close, with a little deeper bottom end and less speaker break-up. Like a smooth Greenback.....so nice!!!

I can't wait to record a few comparison clips with this cab and my others. I think the G12-65 Heritage is going to be a keeper!!!
The g1265s are my all time favorite speaker. I have a set of 1979s and a set of 1980s. You cant beat em for all around rock. Bygone Tones usually has some vintage ones for sale if your ever get more gas. How are the new series compared to g12t75s?

dptone5

Reaction score
The g1265s are my all time favorite speaker. I have a set of 1979s and a set of 1980s. You cant beat em for all around rock. Bygone Tones usually has some vintage ones for sale if your ever get more gas. How are the new series compared to g12t75s?

I just spent some time recording with them today. The new ones are tonally closer to the Greenback, but are smooth like the 75's. I'd say they have some characteristics of both the Greenback and the 75's. Need to spend some time listening. For some things I do, I think I will like the clarity.

Next week, I am going to record the Greenback and the 65 together and mix them. See how that turns out....