Celestion Neo V-Type

• Thread starter SkyMonkey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
Celestion are really going for the V-Type!

First the 12" ceramic version.
Then the 10" VT-Junior.
Now a 98dB, 12", 4.2 lb, neodymium magnet version.
I love the V-Type that came with my DSL40CR.
I swapped it into a 112 cab to run with the 40CR (DSL has a neo G12 Century Vintage installed).
This might be right up my street! :fingersx: (now the G12CV is discontinued)

https://celestion.com/product/227/neo_vtype/

Neo V Hero_med.jpg

Last edited:

IOSEPHVS

Reaction score
I use neodymium Eminence S2012s in my Ampeg V-4 cabinet. They are the best sounding bass speakers I have ever heard - very smooth and punchy. I've been thinking about trying some Celestion neodymiums in my guitar cabinets. One cool thing is that they weigh a lot less than ceramics.

Last edited:

2L man

Reaction score
Neo V-type European price was quite a lot (~$30) cheaper than Neo Creamback so I ordered one and it should arrive in a week. I did not like Neo Creamback as much as Jensen Tornado but I hope Neo V-type is improved and I hope its sound is different than my other speakers. Pete Thorn made it sound very good in his youtube.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Neo V-type European price was quite a lot (~$30) cheaper than Neo Creamback so I ordered one and it should arrive in a week. I did not like Neo Creamback as much as Jensen Tornado but I hope Neo V-type is improved and I hope its sound is different than my other speakers. Pete Thorn made it sound very good in his youtube.
Pete thorn makes everything sound good , lol .

2L man

Reaction score
Celestion Neo V-type arrvived and I just finished an hour of playing using 5E3 Deluxe and 18W TMB and was delighted to the Rock sound Neo V-type has!

It did match EL84 tube amp better but 6V6/Tweed sounded also very good. I have heard "In your face" term to be used when describing loudspeakers and what I have seen it used with Lil Texas which I have and Neo-V is perhaps even more but without sounding too harsh.

I briefly compared Neo-V to Tornado and where to meTornado is Blues&Fender first Neo-V is definitely Rock&Marshall first!

2L man

Reaction score
Where did you find it for sale? I'm guessing you must be in Europe?
I bought it from a Finnish web shop but to my surprice it was shipped from UK. When I got this verification I thought I made a mistake not reading all when I bought it what there has come because of Brexit and need to pay tax and toll but I did not. Obviously they were already calculated to my purchase and this web shop did it. All I had to do was to reply to Finnish customs e-mail that I am "a person"

I looks like it was not "sale" price because pricing seems to be about the same everywhere here in Europe.

proxy

Reaction score
It is another Celestion Bull shit propaganda ...

JBA

Reaction score
The 'V' is (I think) in reference to the Ceramic V30 and Marshall Celestion Vintage (i.e. JVM) speaker types.
Maybe but they had the Century Vintage (recently discontinued) that was a Vintage 30 with a neo magnet. Too bad this didn’t catch on because it is an excellent speaker: One of my favourite Celestions. Some of the early Neo’s definitely sucked and created a negative bias for those who actually tried, plus sadly that word seems to scare off the majority of guitar players from the get go.. it’s sounds modern and is associated with change.. not tradition. :ohno:

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I think we've had this conversation before @JBA. I'm in the G12CV club too.
Mine went into my DSL40CR. The V-Type is in a 112 cab underneath. They complinent each other very well IMHE.

Reactions: JBA

JBA

Reaction score
I think we've had this conversation before @JBA. I'm in the G12CV club too.
Mine went into my DSL40CR. The V-Type is in a 112 cab underneath. They complinent each other very well IMHE.
Yes, that’s right.. we got to keep this speaker secret lol!