• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Ceriatone, Getting close.....

• Thread starter ampeq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampeq

Reaction score
As many people here know, back in dec. I ordered 2 new amps from Nik. (Ceriatone)
1) A 100w Chupa with a buffered loop w/ switch. The cabinet is also all black.
2) A King Kong 100w amp also with buffered loop, all black, and with a twist. The OD ch on this amp will be wired as a Chupacabra. (These are 2 ch + lead boost.)
They will go out 1 at a time, the Chupa first @ 1 - 2 weeks, then the KK. I should have both by the end of Aug. they say. This should bring them in at about a full 8 months. If you order now, Nik told me it is a year! I will say it went by fairly quickly for me, anyone else out there waiting? Soon as they come I'll post some pic's. Can't wait to try them, I think the KK is going to be my go to amp.

bhatta

Reaction score
Ceriatone, as in the one in Malaysia?

My bro was there last week, had asked him to check out their 5e3, he was floored by that!
Good to know that you will be getting custom mades from Ceriatone.
Do post pics and samples if possible.

Will be awaiting your take on them.

Cheers

ampeq

Reaction score
Ceriatone, as in the one in Malaysia?

My bro was there last week, had asked him to check out their 5e3, he was floored by that!
Good to know that you will be getting custom mades from Ceriatone.
Do post pics and samples if possible.

Will be awaiting your take on them.

Cheers
Yes, Malaysia. I have told people about the 5e3 many times, but never heard if they tried one. There stuff is so good I would think that one should be awesome as well. I don’t even look at other amps anymore, and the ones coming should be the last amps I buy.

bhatta

Reaction score

ampeq

Reaction score
The Chupa is on it’s way! I should see it Monday , can’t wait. The KK won’t be done for at least 6 weeks though. I found out each person there specializes in a few units and my KK will be in the next batch of that guy. He’s doing 12 now and as soon as that batch is done mine will be in the next one. They have a backlog of over 600 amps right now. I’ll do a show an tell when she arrives.

jchrisf

Reaction score
The Chupa is on it’s way! I should see it Monday , can’t wait. The KK won’t be done for at least 6 weeks though. I found out each person there specializes in a few units and my KK will be in the next batch of that guy. He’s doing 12 now and as soon as that batch is done mine will be in the next one. They have a backlog of over 600 amps right now. I’ll do a show an tell when she arrives.
What Ceriatones do you already own? About a year ago I bought a brand new used Ceriatone 2204. I think it was build in March 2021. Didn't have to wait :)

I see on the american sellers website that some of the lunchbox amps are completed much more quickly.

ampeq

Reaction score
What Ceriatones do you already own? About a year ago I bought a brand new used Ceriatone 2204. I think it was build in March 2021. Didn't have to wait :)

I see on the american sellers website that some of the lunchbox amps are completed much more quickly.
How are you man. I have a 50w Chupa and a 20w 2202. For the 2202 I have both a combo cab w/ 1-12" & the head cab. That one has some extra's I had Nik put in. (Buff. loop, NFB switch, and choke.) The Chupa is bone stock and I plan on selling it and keeping the 100w amp. I also have a 100w King Kong on it's way. I had Nik wire the drive side to be a Chupacabra and it to will have a buff loop. I hope these will be the last amps I buy, out of all of them I hope to just keep 2. We'll see.

jchrisf

Reaction score
How are you man. I have a 50w Chupa and a 20w 2202. For the 2202 I have both a combo cab w/ 1-12" & the head cab. That one has some extra's I had Nik put in. (Buff. loop, NFB switch, and choke.) The Chupa is bone stock and I plan on selling it and keeping the 100w amp. I also have a 100w King Kong on it's way. I had Nik wire the drive side to be a Chupacabra and it to will have a buff loop. I hope these will be the last amps I buy, out of all of them I hope to just keep 2. We'll see.
Cool! Did it cost any more to get Nik to wire the KK that way?

jchrisf

Reaction score
No, not only did it not raise the price, he gave me a good deal on the 2 amps. I think the KK is a Yeti for the most part anyway. So doing a Chupa is really no big deal. Both amps have buffered loops to.
There's only three more amps I want to try.. all in lunchbox size. The SOY, the mini Jubilee and the mini Friedman Runt.

Why'd you get the King Kong if you have two Chups now? For the clean channel?

ampeq

Reaction score
There's only three more amps I want to try.. all in lunchbox size. The SOY, the mini Jubilee and the mini Friedman Runt.

Why'd you get the King Kong if you have two Chups now? For the clean channel?
They can make the SOY into a Chupa to. Yes I wanted a ch switcher, but I love the Chupa. I just figured either way I will have what I need. They are real easy to sell for full price anyway. That little 2202 is awesome as well.

Mjh36

Reaction score
I'll be checking back to see your new amps man. I'm waiting on an AH-50 Deluxe that I ordered back in January. I was torn between the KK or AH. I've had to restrain myself several times from buying other tube amps while I'm waiting. So I'm just a little behind you it looks, hopefully it'll be soon.

ampeq

Reaction score
I'll be checking back to see your new amps man. I'm waiting on an AH-50 Deluxe that I ordered back in January. I was torn between the KK or AH. I've had to restrain myself several times from buying other tube amps while I'm waiting. So I'm just a little behind you it looks, hopefully it'll be soon.
That is another good amp and I will be interested what you think about it. Your amp should be about the same time as my KK I would think. Nik is sitting on over 600 amps to build right now. My KK will be started in about 5 weeks, I can't wait for that one. The AH amps seem like incredible amps as well. I'm sure you will love that thing. My 100w Chupa should be here tomorrow.

jchrisf

Reaction score
So your getting the AssHole 50? You'll have to let us know how it sounds. For some reason I was thinking about the AFD.. all these initials get me confused. I really like the AFD on my Fractal. Not much of a fan of the Friedman's on there.

ampeq

Reaction score
One down and one to go! I got my 100w Chupa today, finally, and it looks great. (I ordered it in all black) We'll see how she sounds next to the 50w tonight. I gave it a quick run at lunch and it sounded Fantastic! I'll see if the 100w sounds better or worse than the 50w for me. Here she is,

Attachments

• SAM_2072.JPG
    SAM_2072.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 70
  • SAM_2073.JPG
    SAM_2073.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 73
  • SAM_2071.JPG
    SAM_2071.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 71
  • SAM_2070.JPG
    SAM_2070.JPG