• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Is this an original late 1965 BigM 4x12?

• Thread starter PaulHamwijk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PaulHamwijk

Reaction score
It is filled with 4 x Celestion G12 T0652 Alnico date stamped 15EK on the front gasket (15 May 1965), the pinstripe feels crackly and original, the tolex is the black/blue type, BigM logo is of several parts and mounted with 2 screws to the front block.

BigM - 8.jpegBigM - 11.jpegBigM - 5.jpegBigM - 17.jpegBigM - 10.jpegBigM - 20.jpegBigM - 23.jpegBigM - 22.jpegBigM - 31.jpegBigM - 33.jpeg

BygoneTones

Reaction score
What are the stickers on the speaker frames?

I would expect to see leather handles.

The screws on the left are very likely not original in my opinion. The ones on the right are closer to what Marshall might have used, but gut feeling is they are probably not original either. I doubt it's a deal breaker for anyone wanting to buy it.

I wonder what happened in the middle of the cab there? It looks as if it was partitioned with a piece of wood across the middle. It's got the Marshall glue and foam on the baffle there as if it left the factory like that? bit wierd.

PaulHamwijk

Reaction score
Dont understand what the stickers say, "SMAL"? Maybe they were stickered when put aside for this cab? They all have the same sticker. In the middle could have been a 4x4 from the baffle to the back? That seems missing.sticker - 3.jpegsticker - 4.jpeg

Latest posts