Cheap guitar + floyd

• Thread starter Badmonkey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Badmonkey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap $50-200 guitar with floyd

talent by gibson LP with floyd Worth anything or is it better for barbecue?:D

Recommendations...

Last edited:

VintageGuy

Reaction score
cheap guitars with floyd look-alikes are a pain in the ass.....IMHO raise the budget a little bit and buy a guitar with a korean floyd

ToneZone100

Reaction score
If you want something with a Floyd trem at that price then used is the only way. To be honest you are going to struggle to get a decent one for $200. Maybe a cheap Ibanez of some description but the low spec Edge bridges are pretty grim. A cheap floyd is more trouble than a cheap standard strat trem.
Why are you after a Floyd in particular?

BobPeabody67

Reaction score
I wouldn't go for an Ibanez Edge. Ive had experience with all sorts of bridges except for Tele bridges. Weird right?:wow: And Edge's are just a pain in the butt. I'd take a cheap Floyd knock off over an Edge. But then again... Edge's are Floyd knockoffs. My personal favorite is a Floyd Rose Original. They just seem to tune easier, and look better than all others. I would use Strat bridges more if they had a locking nut. And if I was to put a locking nut on a Strat, I'd just put a Floyd on there too. That's another major thing about Floyds and Floyd knockoffs. My second choice would be a Kahler 7300. I think....:p Whatever is on my Charvel. I like that bridge.

Wammi World, Kahler Authorized Dealer- Products

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I dunno, I like the Edges (the original and Pro) better than the OFR. They're made by Gotoh.

And I wouldn't buy any cheap FR-equipped guitar unless it has a FRT. No Licensed Floyds or Floyd Specials. :mad:

You can probably find some older BC Riches and Schecters with an OFR if you look used.