Chibson.....les Paul Copies...be Careful

• Thread starter Deep Purple fan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-Type

Reaction score
DSCN0002.JPG DSCN0116.JPG DSCN0119.JPG
I had both these a few years back. I actually thought and were sold as if they were Epi Japans relabeled Gibson but alas they were all Chibson. I paid $250 for the Red one and it had been releveled,new pickups,nut,wiring and played much better than out of box but not great,The Floyd one was $200, also from Craigslist,It needed a new Floyd,wiring,pickups,nut,reseat some frets,etc... I opted too trade both too a builder/luthier he removed the Gibson Logos and put in place his own which was cool. He uses them as test mules for pickups,wiring,etc.....

Photojazz

Reaction score
Land o'Marshall Law, at Guitarville and Drum City
I am really glad I don't think I will be needing many if any more guitars. For my level of skill, I think I got enough axes to last me. I am actually really glad I bought heavy in the 13-14 era. (or I got a leftover 14 or two in 15, lol. )

I bought Before the 15 fiasco, and before we don't know what we are getting in 2016!

chiliphil1

Reaction score
View attachment 36669 View attachment 36670 View attachment 36671
I had both these a few years back. I actually thought and were sold as if they were Epi Japans relabeled Gibson but alas they were all Chibson. I paid $250 for the Red one and it had been releveled,new pickups,nut,wiring and played much better than out of box but not great,The Floyd one was $200, also from Craigslist,It needed a new Floyd,wiring,pickups,nut,reseat some frets,etc... I opted too trade both too a builder/luthier he removed the Gibson Logos and put in place his own which was cool. He uses them as test mules for pickups,wiring,etc.....

Wow, that Floyd one is bad. It looks like a tele LP hybrid.. Other one isn't so rough lookin though.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
Of course that is a downright fake - made to fool and confuse people and part them from their cash. This guy is selling at replica prices but the person he sells it to may not.

I like how he says "it says Made in USA" instead of saying it was made in the USA which of course would be a lie.

No, I'm not interested in buying any of these guitars.