Class 5 Discontinued?

• Thread starter colchar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwebb1970

Reaction score
When I was at the Marshall factory the tour guide told me to wait for the new amps for 2012 if I wanted a niced marshall practice amp after I told him I was looking at the C5. And I'm almost certain he wasn't talking about the 1 watters. It had something to do with the C5. I'm sure there is something new coming out.

Makes me think that the C5 as we know it currently is in fact discontinued & that Marshall has some further revision/revamp on deck. I do recall while checking out the NAMM videos from this month the mention that Marshall was not blowing their promotional wad for the year @ Winter NAMM 2012. More stuff is likely coming and I would not be surprised if additional new Marshall models get announced/released in conjunction with the upcoming 1 watters thru the year.

Among such stuff could very well be the next incarnation of the C5. Just a theory, of course. In the end, though, I already got mine.

JayCM800

Reaction score
Huh. I picked up a Class 5 combo at Guitar Center in Memphis today. I hadn't heard anything about them being discontinued. Glad I finally got around to picking one up.
How ya' likin' it?? :applause:

Yeah, but it's official they're discontinued...:(

I have mine, and LOVE IT!!!:dude:

brp

Reaction score
Makes me think that the C5 as we know it currently is in fact discontinued & that Marshall has some further revision/revamp on deck. I do recall while checking out the NAMM videos from this month the mention that Marshall was not blowing their promotional wad for the year @ Winter NAMM 2012. More stuff is likely coming and I would not be surprised if additional new Marshall models get announced/released in conjunction with the upcoming 1 watters thru the year.

Among such stuff could very well be the next incarnation of the C5. Just a theory, of course. In the end, though, I already got mine.

Seems the AFD5 is a sure thing to come soon, as there appears to be a pic of it on the site and AFD5.com is confirmed to be a Marshall registered domain url.
I wonder if they'll do a head version of the AFD5 as well.

Let's hope thay'll do a 5 watt version of one of the 1 watt heritage amps, like a JCM5! THAT would be awesome.

telemarshall

Reaction score
I was in Sam Ash last week, and they were blowing out new, on the floor Class 5's for $199.99. Not demos, or used. The three or four of them there had this price tag on them.

I should have taken a pic with my cell phone of the price tags, but true story. They could have been the first editions, though, don't know...

David Corrales

Reaction score
I was in Sam Ash last week, and they were blowing out new, on the floor Class 5's for $199.99. Not demos, or used. The three or four of them there had this price tag on them.

I should have taken a pic with my cell phone of the price tags, but true story. They could have been the first editions, though, don't know...

I would've walked out, no doubt at all, with at least 2 on me.

telemarshall

Reaction score
I would've walked out, no doubt at all, with at least 2 on me.

I've already got one, and don't really need two or three more...

But yeah, maybe I could have turned a quick buck on them on the Bay or something, but didn't feel like messing with that..

C5_IMG_4856pb.jpg

colchar

Reaction score

I'm currently doing the mental math to figure out shipping costs from Florida to Canada :naughty:

fast98dodge

Reaction score
In some ways, I like the tone of my C5 with od pedal better than my JCM... it's more unique sounding than the JCM, that's for sure... I'm not dogging on the JCM because I love it playing along with other people's stuff... aka guitar karaoke... when I want to mess with original ideas for my particular style, the C5 works better...

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuxkin necro posts, I got all excited thinking Beiling and Papus were back.......

EDIT,,,,,actually the bourbons aree to blame

Prace

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wait someone will dig up the "DSL's to be made in Vietnam" thread...50 YEARS OF LOUD......err, sorry dude it's 51 :cool:

Greyly

Reaction score
Hmmm, I think I'll keep my class 5 after all. I called the owner of my favorite local guitar shop earlier today and he is more than happy to put it on consignment for 10% of the sale, but I'm thinking I will regret selling it/wish I had it back. No more selling gear for me!

Besides, it may be sweet when I get the SL-5 and run them in stereo.