Cleaning up my grandpa´s acoustic guitar - Del Vecchio Dinamico (Eric Johnson and Chet Atkins Inside)

• Thread starter Filipe Soares
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
I´ve been thinking a lot about my grandpa lately, we were really close and he hooked me into music. He was an organist, but he also played piano and acoustic guitar. Despite him being a military man, a public figure and a high level executive in his days, to me was just my good ol´grandpa. a crazy ass funny guy with an explosive temper when pushed.

He bought this guitar back in 58´, he played it, my mom, my aunt, my uncle, me, my sisters. it was my first guitar and it was stored in my parents and I want to give some life to it.

Guitar wise is a very unique instrument, it is made by Del Vecchio (a brazilian brand, very traditional) and it is a resonator with a wood body. That´s it, plain and simple. It is a very unique configuration for a country that is basically the nylon string nation.

Some words from mr. Eric Johnson regarding the Del Vecchio

Chet Playing it

And some pictures of mine after some elbow grease.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-07 at 16.25.42.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-07 at 16.25.39.jpeg

Tomorrow new strings will arrive and I´ll make some noise with this old buddy.

Last edited:

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
Just put new strings and played a lot today. It feels like a car from the fifties with no hydraulic steering, you fight the damn guitar all the time. it is you against the instrument but it sounds AMAZING. maybe I need some practice time with this beast so I can play it comfortably.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-08 at 10.57.00.jpeg

Last edited: