CONFESION. My first Marshall clone.

• Thread starter Kuga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kuga

Reaction score
Dear Marshall amps.

I confes. I have a fake yellow Marshall t-shirt and yesterday I build The Guv'nor pedal. DIY pedal clone. But still I'm a Marshall fan. I promise you that I'll buy an original one when I can. In my defense I can say the original ones are so expensive and the reissue ones sold out so quikly.

I hope the god Marshall can forgive me.

On other hand. This thing it's GREAT! It's an overdrive/distorsion pedal. A DIY pedal from Das Musikding.de
I tryed on a stock 50W EL34 JCM900 DR and on a SJ 2555X reissue. Very impresed. It don't have Loop output jack features but I like It a lot.

IMG_20231101_211443_copy_1259x762.jpg

PelliX

Reaction score
Dear Marshall amps.

I confes. I have a fake yellow Marshall t-shirt and yesterday I build The Guv'nor pedal. DIY pedal clone. But still I'm a Marshall fan. I promise you that I'll buy an original one when I can. In my defense I can say the original ones are so expensive and the reissue ones sold out so quikly.

I hope the god Marshall can forgive me.

On other hand. This thing it's GREAT! It's an overdrive/distorsion pedal. A DIY pedal from Das Musikding.de
I tryed on a stock 50W EL34 JCM900 DR and on a SJ 2555X reissue. Very impresed. It don't have Loop output jack features but I like It a lot.

View attachment 139297

Looks like it's time to get your gaim on... :D

V-man

Reaction score
If it’s any consolation, I bought a rather taboo Friedman pedal clone/ripoff. The truth is that 1. There was never a possibility I was going to part with nearly $300 on the genuine article just to try another OD pedal I did not need at this stage, and 2. My potential enjoyment of his circuit might convince me to buy his IRX over the ToneX down the road in a similar fashion as my purchase of the (less taboo) Behringer Heavy Metal 300 did to get me to buy the Boss HM-2W after.

Marshall has not done its stateside fans any favors with its insane pricing (or allowing its distributors to pull that with their product). I think the Studio Series was a well-conceived idea that deserves dollar votes in support… Until I saw how cheap the construction is compared to the current premium demanded when a similarly built Origin costs a fraction of the price.

Currently I look at Marshall like I look at Gibson: they have to build something so utterly compelling to get me to buy today, otherwise I’ll just as soon give (much less) money to someone off the street for one of their used items, consider a competitor who offers something comparable for considerably less, or simply do without.

Kuga

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm not worried at all. Just trying to make a fun NPD thread, lol.
Looks like it's time to get your gaim on... :D

As you can see here on TubeAmpDoctor have really nice kits but they are really expensive. When you count kit plus cabinet the Price it's close a 1959HW. Then you need built It.
Maybe one day I bought one but It's not valuable like a real Marshall for me.

On Das Musikding you can see here they are more affordable but they are small practice amps. Enought to have fun building an amp for me. In fact I built a J5MK1 ten years ago.

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
As you can see here on TubeAmpDoctor have really nice kits but they are really expensive.

Where are you located again? Modulus have decent prices and shipping (choose registered/tracked!) still keeps it attractive.

On Das Musikding you can see here they are more affordable but they are small practicar amps.

I was recently eyeing a couple of pedal kits they have. Musikding is cool. :yesway:

PelliX

Reaction score
Catalonia, iSpain.

Check their shipping options. Just a thought. :)

Last edited:

Nicolas S

Reaction score
Modulus has the best ratio price / quality for this side of the pond i think, i build a JTM50 with the cabinet it was less than 1000 € shipped . TAD are really really overpriced, looks lower quality than Modulus and are less accurate too . With their 1 color coton wiring good luke to debug your build .