Controling 2 loops

• Thread starter Rockers-Rolling
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rockers-Rolling

Reaction score
I'm looking to essentially control 2 loops, in a perfect world, I need a loop pedal with 2 inputs/ output, 2 send/ returns and 1 switch!

Here's what I'm trying to achieve...

I'm using my JCM 800 reissue. I find that when boosting for solos, I'm not achieving any volume increase by boosting up front - typical issue with single channel, single master volume amp. So I'm using my EQ pedal in the effects loop. However, for solos, I also want to add a bit more drive/ compression so also like to kick in a drive pedal up front.

This is annoying because I have to kick 2 pedals for a solo.

Simplified routing:

Guitar > OD > Amp > fx send > EQ > fx return > speaker cab

For solos, I want kick in both the OD and EQ; however, I want to be able to do this from 1 tap/ pedal rather than having to hit the OD then EQ.

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

Apologies if I've not posted in the correct place.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'm looking to essentially control 2 loops, in a perfect world, I need a loop pedal with 2 inputs/ output, 2 send/ returns and 1 switch!

Here's what I'm trying to achieve...

I'm using my JCM 800 reissue. I find that when boosting for solos, I'm not achieving any volume increase by boosting up front - typical issue with single channel, single master volume amp. So I'm using my EQ pedal in the effects loop. However, for solos, I also want to add a bit more drive/ compression so also like to kick in a drive pedal up front.

This is annoying because I have to kick 2 pedals for a solo.

Simplified routing:

Guitar > OD > Amp > fx send > EQ > fx return > speaker cab

For solos, I want kick in both the OD and EQ; however, I want to be able to do this from 1 tap/ pedal rather than having to hit the OD then EQ.

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

Apologies if I've not posted in the correct place.
Put a Boss LS-2 in your chain it has 2 loops. Connect one loop to your amp loop and put the EQ pedal in it, put the drive pedal in the other loop and plug that out front. Set the LS-2 to turn on both loops at the same time when you step on it.

Rockers-Rolling

Reaction score
Put a Boss LS-2 in your chain it has 2 loops. Connect one loop to your amp loop and put the EQ pedal in it, put the drive pedal in the other loop and plug that out front. Set the LS-2 to turn on both loops at the same time when you step on it.
Surely that won't work as the input on the LS2 would be looping into the amp loop and then back to the input of the amp?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
But then the 2 effects loops would be blended to the input of the amp.
Loop A with the EQ pedal would be going through the amp loop, loop B with the drive pedal would be going through the front of the amp, both at the same time so the 2 sounds would blend through the amp, basically raising volume and adding drive like you want.

Last edited:

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I think the LS -2 would do what Rockers Rolling is saying but I don't remember. I have one but haven't used it in a decade or so.

If it does then it won't work. If that's the case then you can get two Road Rage Pro Gear single loop pedals and put them right near each other. You should be able to activate both simultaneously when they're close enough.

If you want to get fancy you could install a trs jack in each and a relay in one of them and one can be remotely activated by the other. I used to do that with my wah. So rather than the od I had a wah in the front and a boost in the loop. When I'd engage the wah it would simultaneously activate the boost in the loop so my wah fills would be heard better.

I can see if I can find the schematic and post it for you, but that was a long time ago so I don't know.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this unit works as announced, it definitely deserves the name "Swiss Things"

It's pretty cool. I used one for a couple years. Two pedalboards. Two amps. Switching between boards to either of the amps, or both, stereo. With a single tuner that was always on.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I was unable to find the schematic, sorry.

The folks that frequent the Workbench sub forum should be able to figure it out based on my description.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
If I ever played a gig with my Marshall I would want a loop pedal of some kind. It would be so cool to be able to just tap on one pedal instead of three. This was one reason I started using my Kemper for simplicity at home. I suppose something like a Boss multifx or a Line 6 would accomplish the same thing. I havea Pod HD500 and it's effects are almost as good as my Magicstomp.

tonycaster

Reaction score
I'm placing a 25k (low impedance) volume pedal in the loop of my SC20h for solos, it works like a charm, no matter how much drive I have in the front end or how much I push the master: I tried every possible pedal including eq but this way I have no signal loss/alteration and I can control the overall volume as desired. I have a Korg volume which has a minimum vol, but every low impedance vol pedal will work, you can take off some drive with your guitar volume (I use it a lot for cleans)

Latest posts