Corporate meetings

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a hell of an interesting situation to be in, having invested many months worth of research, documentation and planning to create an operations & marketing strategy for a small-medium size business who's fallen behind the times regarding their relevancy to the public, only to have such stratagem met with apathy and crossed eyes by older folks in leadership who can't understand the fundamental concepts and benefits of technology beyond the perception that email on their mobile phone is just the gat-damn coolest thing since the light bulb.

It's like saying, "Ok gentlemen, here are the keys to your new company Ferarri", only to be met by, "what was wrong with the old Toyota?". :shrug:

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
'no, im not ****ing kidding, kill yourself.'

B hicks.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like my old boss...verbatum.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Star Date: January, 2012...

"Sir, what I would like to offer you is a full-scale Technology & Communications strategy, which incorporates branding, social media and marketing."

"No, thank you. That's not what our culture is about. We're about reaching out to people with hand shakes and printed materials - something they can put in their hand and walk away with".

:squint: :scratch:

Right... until your culture of 60 yr. old men kicks the bucket and you haven't gained a single new client in 5 years.

:wallbash: Access denied.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Star Date: January, 2012...

"Sir, what I would like to offer you is a full-scale Technology & Communications strategy, which incorporates branding, social media and marketing."

"No, thank you. That's not what our culture is about. We're about reaching out to people with hand shakes and printed materials - something they can put in their hand and walk away with".

:squint: :scratch:

Right... until your culture of 60 yr. old men kicks the bucket and you haven't gained a single new client in 5 years.

:wallbash: Access denied.

Reminded me of...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPd6ojZgI8]Wii Sexy Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
So like an asshole, I agreed to come in tomorrow (Friday - My usual day off) for a 9:30 AM meeting.

Supposed to last until 11:AM.

How much you wanna bet the meeting will run over, and that they will refuse to pay me when I bill them for it?

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
So like an asshole, I agreed to come in tomorrow (Friday - My usual day off) for a 9:30 AM meeting.

Supposed to last until 11:AM.

How much you wanna bet the meeting will run over, and that they will refuse to pay me when I bill them for it?

And there will be at least one schlop there who likes to carry on too long about his little world which nobody can relate to or make sense of.

It's funny, I think about a lot of stuff I've seen over the years - bidders coming from other companies to propose a software solution, each with a group of talented pros who know how to be a kickass team, and then others who show up to meetings, get some coffee or water and sit around slapping each other on the ass all afternoon.

poeman33

Reaction score
And there will be at least one schlop there who likes to carry on too long about his little world which nobody can relate to or make sense of.

It's funny, I think about a lot of stuff I've seen over the years - bidders coming from other companies to propose a software solution, each with a group of talented pros who know how to be a kickass team, and then others who show up to meetings, get some coffee or water and sit around slapping each other on the ass all afternoon.

If there is going to be some ass slapping, I know a co-worker I'd like to invite to this meeting. But she would probably file a lawsuit once I start slapping ass.:naughty:

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
[
QUOTE=Vinsanitizer;960146]And there will be at least one schlop there who likes to carry on too long about his little world which nobody can relate to or make sense of.

i dont generally have to attend many meetings, thankfully, and if they arent mandatory...im busy...wink wink.

but those ones where they corral the cattle into the auditorium and the suits ramble on about the state of the business and how important we all are to our customers and shareholders and it goes on and on, and im fidgeting in my seat and ready to pounce like a hunting tiger out of my chair and make a B line to the door and then the Q and A session of the meeting starts..........

oh my f*cking goodness.

the questions people come up with. i swear most of the time its either A) like you described, something that only that person has any idea what they are talking about...some fine detail that is specific to their job. do they really think the big boss, residing on the 7th floor has a f*cking clue what they are talking about? and the standard answer "well, youd have to address that with your immediate supervisor or engineering support" oh, no kidding?

B) some meaningless question that not even the person asking gives a flying f*ck about, they only ask to be noticed by the boss as attentive and inquisitive and "engaged".

its so transparent to everyone but them.

and so we sit tortured for an additional 15 minutes of complete inaneness.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
[

i dont generally have to attend many meetings, thankfully, and if they arent mandatory...im busy...wink wink.

but those ones where they corral the cattle into the auditorium and the suits ramble on about the state of the business and how important we all are to our customers and shareholders and it goes on and on, and im fidgeting in my seat and ready to pounce like a hunting tiger out of my chair and make a B line to the door and then the Q and A session of the meeting starts..........

oh my f*cking goodness.

the questions people come up with. i swear most of the time its either A) like you described, something that only that person has any idea what they are talking about...some fine detail that is specific to their job. do they really think the big boss, residing on the 7th floor has a f*cking clue what they are talking about? and the standard answer "well, youd have to address that with your immediate supervisor or engineering support" oh, no kidding?

B) some meaningless question that not even the person asking gives a flying f*ck about, they only ask to be noticed by the boss as attentive and inquisitive and "engaged".

its so transparent to everyone but them.

and so we sit tortured for an additional 15 minutes of complete inaneness.

Those are just information sharing meetings. The actual meetings that effect the state of the business, the interesting stuff, is above our pay grades.

Making a bee line for the door isnt how you move up the corporate ladder by the way. You gotta mingle with your dingle!