• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Custom 212A for Origin20H?

• Thread starter fitz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making a 2x12 half slant for my "new to me" Origin20H.
The OR212A's seem to be out of stock just about everywhere, and I'm not thrilled with the way they look, the Seventy-80 speakers, and the particle board construction.

A nice plywood case, tolex, screen and beading are well within my build wheelhouse.
Recommendations on speakers would be appreciated.
I've found a pair of open box Vintage 30's on eBay for $215 shipped.
Also looking at maybe a pair of G12T-75's.
GC actually pairs one of each of these in a "Metal/Rock" set for $230-ish.
Right now I have the head on a spare Haze 1x12 with a G12T-66, and it sounds fairly good.

Or, if anyone has a pair of decent speakers to unload, let me know (PM?).

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I'm thinking of making a 2x12 half slant for my "new to me" Origin20H.
The OR212A's seem to be out of stock just about everywhere, and I'm not thrilled with the way they look, the Seventy-80 speakers, and the particle board construction.

A nice plywood case, tolex, screen and beading are well within my build wheelhouse.
Recommendations on speakers would be appreciated.
I've found a pair of open box Vintage 30's on eBay for $215 shipped.
Also looking at maybe a pair of G12T-75's.
GC actually pairs one of each of these in a "Metal/Rock" set for $230-ish.
Right now I have the head on a spare Haze 1x12 with a G12T-66, and it sounds fairly good.

Or, if anyone has a pair of decent speakers to unload, let me know (PM?).
I got some nice baltic birch ply at a good price through the mail from Rockler recently. With that amp I'd be tempted to go with greenbacks or creambacks for a higher wattage. :yesway:

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I preferred Heritage Celestions with my 20H when i had it. I thought my G12H55hz and G12M20 sounded great in my 2061CX. The only thing i thought it needed was a G12H755hz in place of the G12M20 since it is 96db speaker competing against the 100db 55hz. I finally just put the 20 into a 1x12 for mid to low watt settings. That was really good with a vintage spec Stratocaster. A pair of 20s would be a good pick but just expect some volume loss.

Latest posts