Custom Cab Blow Out - Be Your Own Santa

• Thread starter Geeze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Geeze

Reaction score
That is some nice stuff.

Unbelievable awesome work !

Thank you for the kind replies. Building cabs keeps me away from wanton women but it does lead to more gear. I may keep the 4x12 as I know have a 2555X and a trade deal pending with my amp builder for a quad of V30's. Oh well.

Merry Christmas!

Russ

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Those things are gorgeous, Geeze! Way to pretty to take to the neighborhood blues jam:agreed:

lightning

Reaction score
Nice work ! Did you use a tablesaw or router table to cut the box joints ?

Geeze

Reaction score
Did you use a tablesaw or router table to cut the box joints ?

I use a table saw with a Freud carbide dado set. In my experience routers and highly figured wood don't always play well together.

DSC_0109_zpsyqrxexiw.jpg

Russ

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-geeze-

-ever seen the old SUNN infinite baffle cabs & 2x12 combo's, the baffle is an inverted "V" one of, if not favorite cab of all time was a SUNN 6x12 with the inverted "V" baffle.

-love the wood look but do you offer vynal tolex covering?

-I'm thinking a reproduction of the 6x12 SUNN & MARSHALL 4x15 reproduction.

Geeze

Reaction score
ever seen the old SUNN infinite baffle cabs & 2x12 combo's, the baffle is an inverted "V" one of, if not favorite cab of all time was a SUNN 6x12 with the inverted "V" baffle.

-love the wood look but do you offer vynal tolex covering?

I had a Sunn Beta lead with the inverted V cab - cool amp. I don't do anything with tolex - never learned the skill. 6X12 & 4X15 you must eat your Wheaties!

Russ

hubs

Reaction score
Pine and leopard wood 1936 'cube'. Talk about dispersion! This was a successful finger joint experiment to join multiple sides. 110 joints in all. $400

DSC_0298_zpsp3khlwr5.jpg

Russ

Incredible craftsmanship, Russ. All of your cabinets are beautiful, but this cube is speaking to me...it's a goddamn work of art!

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to entertain purchasing this right now (yeah, I know, that doesn't help you any), but I am interested in a cabinet like this. What kind of lead time would you need to make one of these up at some point in the future?

Also, I do try to get down to DFW at least once a year (I used to live there) to see old friends, which would alleviate any shipping issues...