Dad life with a plexi clone

• Thread starter What?
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
I would get a good tube distortion pedal for late night practices.
I also have 2 little ones.
So I never really crank it when they are home.
Me lady gives me the I'll cut your special thingy in the night if you keep playing at this volume when the kids are around.
I do get a chance to crank it at the mornings when no one is in the building.
I would not sell anything you will regret it.
Find the time slots when you can crank it.
for the rest of the time it is distortion pedal/high gain amp and i hear my damn strings volume.

What?

Reaction score
I can get good sounds from this amp with the PPIMV and some radical controls adjusting and switch flipping. It's definitely not the same sort of thing as the amp running full tilt, more like a 2204 at lower volume sound. But man, I miss the days when I would an amp up every day for hours on end. Having a kid is a big adjustment.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
I can get good sounds from this amp with the PPIMV and some radical controls adjusting and switch flipping. It's definitely not the same sort of thing as the amp running full tilt, more like a 2204 at lower volume sound. But man, I miss the days when I would an amp up every day for hours on end. Having a kid is a big adjustment.
I feel you bro i'm in the same situation...
But they will grow eventually

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjustment is right. I can remember the first several times my wife chided me for playing too loud after the baby went to bed. I was using the attenuator, too!

Luckily I still love the tone of my amps through the Ironman, so it’s just a matter of picking the right times to play. Also, I just ordered a Power Station, so I expect to be able to play at a whisper when necessary. We’ll see how that goes. I’m NOT getting rid of my big amps!

mAx___

Reaction score
My two girls grew up around cranked 100W and 200W amps. How? I put my 4x12 inside a DIY isolation cab with two mics and studio monitors. They can even watch TV while I play.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I really hope that she takes to playing guitar, drums, bass, anything. Playing is good for the soul, and doing anything long term involves a lot of good lessons.

When my daughter was 6 months old, I'd lay a guitar on the ground in front of her, plug in, hand her a pic, and just let her strum away / make noise (first guitar she plucked was the Les Paul) ... 4 1/2 years later, she's totally into music (even Dad's music!), and making noise on instruments. Her newest instrument is a ukulele I got her for Christmas. There's no telling if it's gonna last / what direction it's going to go in, but music / instruments have provided her with a lot of fun early on.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Enjoy the ride with the little one. They'll be asking to use that Marshall soon enough.
Hopefully!! My 3 year old has a mini electric guitar allready....showed her an A chord so far.....yet I found her walking on it the other day playing walking bridge with her dollies.....not working the way I hoped. LOL
Seriously I dont pressure her to play tho....that'll make her hate it later.

Latest posts