Dead Island

• Thread starter Frankie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I know we have a pretty even split of gamers and non-gamers in here, but for the gamers you have to play this game. Single player it's boring, but co-op is so amazing. It's just pure zombie apocalypse gore while you and your buddy laugh about wailing on faces with baseball bats or putting the boots to a zombie until it dies. I'm playing the "extended trial" version on the PC right now, but I'm actually thinking about picking it up for the 360 because it's that much fun.

StootMonster

Reaction score
Chuck, you need a 360, you can pick em up for cheap on CL. PS3 players live in a closet. HAHAHAHA... not "The Closet" of course, don't get me wrong. LOL

I've heard of the game, but I don't think I'll be picking it up. I'm more of a army FPS gamer and an MMA gamer. I'm saving my pennies for Modern Warfare 3 and for the new UFC that comes out in January.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
I have a 360 and used to be the avid xbox live gamer but got out of it hahaha. I'm thinking about the new cod, GoW, Dead island, so on and so forth

Khaos

Reaction score
just scored GoW3....haven't played it though. It's sitting on my desk, mocking me.
You have to play it man. The gameplay it's awesome, the graphics are top notch. But the best is the story.

On-topic:
Dead Island defenitly caught my attention when I read about it. Although it seems to take many of its elements from Dead Rising it still has some original ideas.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Chuck, you need a 360, you can pick em up for cheap on CL. PS3 players live in a closet. HAHAHAHA... not "The Closet" of course, don't get me wrong. LOL

I've heard of the game, but I don't think I'll be picking it up. I'm more of a army FPS gamer and an MMA gamer. I'm saving my pennies for Modern Warfare 3 and for the new UFC that comes out in January.

hahah I literally just traded my 360 for the PS3 last week. I couldn't be happier. My favorite game ever is the God of War franchise, and it's Playstation exclusive. So I finally got to sink into God of War III :rock::rock::rock: SO epic.

Frankie

Reaction score
Like I said, I'm playing the PC version, and with a little massaging I got it to work just fine for multiplayer. Shit is so fun!

Bourbon Development

Reaction score
It's not too similar to the Left for Dead games, is it? I don't know if I want enough games for a "Zombie Apocalypse" section if the games are the same.

Blisster

Reaction score
my understanding is its more of an action RPG - like Fallout or Oblivion, but set in a zombie apocalypse with lots of side quests and such, along with the main plot line.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have Dead Island by tomorrow for PC. The last game I really got into was Crysis and Crysis Warhead. The sequel, Crysis 2, was too short, too buggy and just not as much fun as the first two games. Crysis was one of those games that I played over and over. It's almost like playing chess. There are so many different paths to the ultimate goal that I can play it back-to-back and have a completely different experience.

Things are dull around here game-wise, waiting for Skyrim. I did find out that you can enter your Half Life 1 GOTY code into Steam and get access to the entire package with all add-ons. It's amazing how dated the game looks and it really doesn't seem like that long ago that I played it.