Dead Island

• Thread starter Frankie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Dude the original Half Life sucks so bad now. I tried to play a month ago, it was a huge let down.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuck 'em, anyway. Steam is the biggest load of shit the industry has ever dumped on gamers. Can't they do background updates? There's nothing I hate worse than starting up a game in Steam and having to wait an hour and a half to play it. Half LIfe 2 was really bad about that. The last two Fallout games weren't so bad but I never got very deep into them either.

Speaking of older games, it's really strange going back and playing stuff like Half Life an Quake II. I can remember creeping through those games with my health at like 13 trying to find a health pack. Now there's absolutely no challenge - I plow through them in a few days.

I played through the Jedi Knight series awhile back. They aren't too bad for old games.

thetragichero

Reaction score
from the commercials, this looks like another left for dead game?
i've played the original left for dead and it's a killer game
granted, i mostly use my xbox for netflix and the occassional game of madden or skate 3

Blisster

Reaction score
Dude the original Half Life sucks so bad now. I tried to play a month ago, it was a huge let down.

yeah, but back when it was released it was THE SHIT. that game rocked. No other FPS had the cinematic qualities that it had. It really set the bar for the genre IMO.

And remember, that shiot originally came out in like 97.

Frankie

Reaction score
Nah man, Left4Dead is just a beat the shit out of zombies game, but this one is more in depth with some RPG elements. You level up, equip weapons (like bats and machetes), and pick skills kinda like Diablo. My Chinese broad has some kinda ninja stomp now that totally explodes zombie heads while they're down. You can also modify your weapons with parts you find laying around, my machete has some batteries and wires hooked to it so it shocks the shit out of zombies now and my boy has a baseball bat with a circular saw blade attached to it. The game basically rules.

MM54

Reaction score
I don't play my 360 much, when I do it's generally with some friends on a weekend.

Nonetheless, it sounds like an interesting game :hmm:

StootMonster

Reaction score
I'm all about Black Ops. I'll probably pick up MW3 on release day or pre-order it. But for me, it's a way to vicariously live out my military career in the Infantry that I can no longer carry out. Honestly. I long for the days of carrying my machine gun in full battle rattle in weather you normally wouldn't want your kids to go out in, so I can hunt down the enemy of the month and introduce him to a high velocity NATO round.

*sigh*

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Anyone else getting Halo Classic? I preordered it on Amazon.

I hope Halo 4 is more like Halo 3, Reach was a letdown for me multiplayer wise.

You guys can add me on live

my gamertag is "The Subtractor"

It used to be Fapatron, but I changed it like a dumbass. :(

MM54

Reaction score
My gamertag is MightyMatt23 (I'm highly considering changing it though since I don't use that name anywhere anymore), but I'm not on much.

Frankie

Reaction score
Yeah, I just put in a request to have my Gamertag changed. Mine's dumb too.

TyrackT71

Reaction score
Didn't realize there was so many gamers on a Marshall forum! i thought about Dead Island but decided on Gears 3. didnt think that a Zombie Apocalypse/shooter/RPG/CooP game would really work, but i saw some clips and it does look pretty intense!!

impetus maximus

Reaction score
my buddy told me weapons break really fast. i had flashbacks of Condemned
when i heard that.

BTW they patched some glitches on the PC. they are working on patches for all platforms.
M$ has to approve patches before they are released :mad:

Papus

Reaction score
The US military industrial complex spends vast sums of money to program commercial video games and to ensure the experience is as close as possible to their own real military hardware.
They actively recruit at games fairs.
The xbox controller is actually used on a lot of military remote devices for this very reason.
You're ALL being bred, trained and programmed to fight their crooked wars for them!

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn straight. And when they get it refined to the point to where someone in the field can hit F6 and put me back a few minutes before I fucked up I'll be the first in line to sign up.

Frankie

Reaction score
my buddy told me weapons break really fast. i had flashbacks of Condemned
when i heard that.

BTW they patched some glitches on the PC. they are working on patches for all platforms.
M$ has to approve patches before they are released :mad:

In the beginning they break fast, but once you find workbenches and upgrade them they last a while. You can repair your good weapons too for not much money and there are workbenches everywhere. Right now I have a machete with some wires and batteries taped to it so it shocks the shit out of zombies when I hit them, my bassist has a baseball bat that's on fire, and my other buddy we play with just started using handguns. It's like a bloody mess and so much fun!

Latest posts