Death to All using TSL 100

• Thread starter The Dose of Harmony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Yeah. And when did that guttural vocal style become a thing?
Bad childhood, pent up anger maybe? No clue actually, maybe someone "in the know" can explain it to us old timers. I drew the line at the Megadeath and Godsmack level.

Last edited:

Nik Henville

Reaction score
Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
@marshallmellowed and @Chris-in-LA - you guys got a lot "further" in to that whole thing than I did.
Punk pissed me off, then Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Motörhead, Saxon and the like turned me right off...
...and I knew Lemmy, just never got the music. Hey ho, different horses for different courses.

:hippie::pirate::uk:

Last edited:

The Dose of Harmony

Reaction score
I’m getting old, that sounded like noise to me.
Its because you need to listen with open mind , it not for everyone and the voice not a charming voice ! But the music its amazing!
The first time i Heard it i did It not like it but suddenly i heard this song !!!!!
and then changed everything !
Now that you bother to post that you hear noise then maybe you bother to listen the song and then we can chat about it

Last edited:

The Dose of Harmony

Reaction score
If I want to hear loud percussive music, I prefer the sound of a nitro methane fueled dragster engine (funny car will work too). :)
If I want to hear loud percussive music, I prefer the sound of a nitro methane fueled dragster engine (funny car will work too). :)
please dont say that!
You hurt my ears with your comment !!!! Lol!!!

you better listen to this!

And by the way on your listing says you have a modded 6100 can you tell me a little about it!!!

marshalltsl

Reaction score
I'm agree The Dose of Harmony. You need listen It a couple of times to start undestand this music.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
please dont say that!
You hurt my ears with your comment !!!! Lol!!!

you better listen to this!

And by the way on your listing says you have a modded 6100 can you tell me a little about it!!!

OK, I listened to it, at least as long as I could. Sorry, I don't like anything about that music, but it's OK, no one but me cares if I like it. As for the 6100LM, I modded the Crunch channel to have slightly more gain, and the lead channel (lower gain mode) slightly less. I wanted a smoother transition from Crunch to Lead, and it works for me. I did a few other minor tweaks, but other than that, the amp is stock.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I'm agree The Dose of Harmony. You need listen It a couple of times to start undestand this music.
No offense guys, but if I can't make it through listening to it the first time, I've already had enough. Nothing to do with lyrics, I just don't like the sound. The hardest thing I listen to anymore is something along the lines of Corrosion of Conformity (I like Albatross). Oh well, back to my "old guy" music.

Last edited:

marshalltsl

Reaction score
No offense guys, but if I can't make it through listening to it the first time, I've already had enough. Nothing to do with lyrics, I just don't like the sound. The hardest thing I listen to anymore is something along the lines of Corrosion of Conformity (I like Albatross). Oh well, back to my "old guy" music.

I love Corrosion of conformity too. It's not old music IMO.

Michael Roe

Reaction score
Some of you old farts need to expand your horizons. I love the old classic stuff but also love my fill of Metal \M/
This is one of my favorite "death metal bands".
This vocalist is actually using his real voice and not faking it, like most of them.
My old band back in the 90's use to play this song. At the time was one of my favs to play.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Some of you old farts need to expand your horizons. I love the old classic stuff but also love my fill of Metal \M/
This vocalist is actually using his real voice and not faking it, like most of them.
My old band back in the 90's use to play this song. At the time was one of my favs to play.

No thank you, check please...

My vocal grunt needle would be pegged at this level...

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its because you need to listen with open mind , it not for everyone and the voice not a charming voice ! But the music its amazing!
The first time i Heard it i did It not like it but suddenly i heard this song !!!!!
and then changed everything !
Now that you bother to post that you hear noise then maybe you bother to listen the song and then we can chat about it

No offense Dose, please don't take what I'm going to say personally or the wrong way.

I listen with my ears not my mind. You're right, it's not for everyone. One last thing,.. music is not "amazing". Amazing means "astonishing" or "startlingly impressive".

I'm not getting on you Dose, it's just it drives me nuts how often the word "amazing" is overused!

Everything is amazing these days. People throw this word around so frequently that it has lost it's meaning,...'this steak is amazing',...'your shirt is amazing',...'my kids are amazing',...'what an amazing movie'!!! :facepalm:

Ok my rant is over, sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't intend to, and I certainly didn't mean to pick on you Dose, my bad if it came across that way. :erk:

I'll shut up now! :cool:

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
No offense Dose, please don't take what I'm going to say personally or the wrong way.

I listen with my ears not my mind. You're right, it's not for everyone. One last thing,.. music is not "amazing". Amazing means "astonishing" or "startlingly impressive".

I'm not getting on you Dose, it's just it drives me nuts how often the word "amazing" is overused!

Everything is amazing these days. People throw this word around so frequently that it has lost it's meaning,...'this steak is amazing',...'your shirt is amazing',...'my kids are amazing',...'what an amazing movie'!!! :facepalm:

Ok my rant is over, sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't intend to, and I certainly didn't mean to pick on you Dose, my bad if it came across that way. :erk:

I'll shut up now! :cool:
That post was, well, wait for it, you know it's coming..................:coffee:.................Amazing!

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score

:shred2: