• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Define bedroom amp.

• Thread starter ricksdisconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
The world used to be huge before the internet!
Remember computers ? Now you can make a phone call with your computer.
Remember when there were no noise N-_i words to describe a fanatical I can’t say r-_-_t and there were no silent stages.
I remember out door keg parties with live music. The cops didn’t care much until after 10:00
Everything is shrinking and according to some roid raged men your anatomy is also shrinking because you don’t play 100w in a 100 sq. Ft. room.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I went over a couple of weeks ago carrying my make shift 1x12 cab in one hand, my amp EVH 5150 lll lbx in a carry bag on my shoulder and I could have carried a guitar to but they had the one I wanted to try out. (Ebony Studio)
That little amp can bust some ballz to.

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
I own a 1 Watt Palmer Eins tube amp and it is half a Watt too loud for any bedroom.
So bedroom amp IMO is a solid-state unit you can turn down and still get some funk out of.
When you do that with tube dirt amps you just turn the dirt channel into a clean channel with the vol on 0.5

https://orangeamps.com/products/guitar-amp-combos/crush-series/crush-mini/
https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/amps/micro-amp/ms-4

Or anything with earphones out that silences the speakers.
Why not just use no amp?

PelliX

Reaction score
Why not just use no amp?

No coolness creds. He needs two full Marshall stacks, each with a 2203 on top. Ideally an angled cab for the upper 4x12's for the looks. Set all dials to 10, never leave standby. It's a kind of mod. It will be dead silent then, but will visually scare people out of their socks.