Delightful Incompetence in the Modern Age

• Thread starter Trelwheen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Fast food workers around here make more than minimum. They were up to 20/hour for nights during the pandemic. Could be lower now though.
Federal min is a joke but I think some states it's even lower.

No clue about fast food; I quit about a decade ago. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything. I like to keep my money local. Fvck the big guys.
I can't even imagine waiting in an hours long line for ChickFil A .

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Where I live, there are 3 McDonald's, 1 Wendy's and 1 Burger King, as far as drive thru's. They all have 2-3 employees working there at a time, and the way it seems, 1 or 2 always call in sick. As of several months ago, they used to have long lines around the drive-thru, because they could no longer fill orders fast enough. They were giving the excuse over the speaker: "Sorry for the delay, please wait, as we are understaffed tonight (7pm). Eventually, people (including me), got tired of waiting, and drove away.

The last time I tried going there, I decided to park and just go inside. Honestly, I haven't been inside a McDonald's since probably 2003. There were short lines of people standing in front of touch screens, placing orders. No More counter walk-up service like I always knew. I had no idea what to do, and it sure made me feel old. :D

I was in a beverage store 4 days ago getting bottled water, and overheard a convo from 3 guys who were complaining about the McDonald's drive thru wait times, saying that they didn't have the time, and how they just drove off.

Something's really weird about all of this. I think at least half of these chain restaurants we have today won't be around in another 5 years.

Last edited:

What?

Reaction score
Fast food joints under-staff and under-pay, and these days they are overpriced to boot. If you want to be sure of getting what you ordered you have to hold up the drive thru checking your food before pulling away, or go inside. Best solution all around is to just not do fast food.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
All I know is that I can go to a local joint down the road and get an amazing meal with a big burger and enough fries that you can't eat all of it in one sitting.

On top of that, it only cost around $7 and the wait time is only a couple of minutes more than it takes at the drive through at any typical McBurger World. Has better food, better prices, and better service.

Only downside is they aren't open 24/7.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
The best things about restaurant food today are the high prices, reduced portion sizes, and the ability to turn healthy human beings into Type 2 diabetics almost instantly.

Last edited:

Kendall124

Reaction score
You can two of the following.

You can have it cheap.
You can have it fast.
You can have good quality.

With Fast Food, you have already blown one option. Something else has to give.
☝️This right here☝️@Trumpet Rider dropped a wisdom bomb everyone should learn.
My first boss in the blue collar world taught me this.
You want it cheap and fast? It’s not going be good quality.
You want it fast and good quality? It’s not gonna be cheap.
You want it cheap and a good quality? It’s not gonna be fast.

Oh and fyi, if I go through ANY drive-through, my guts pay the price.

Last edited:

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty funny..Guys who buy $5000 guitars whining about a $6 chicken sammich.

KidBlast

Reaction score
there are some people who'd have called 911 once the Bacon situation entered the equation. Thank you for not being that person.

Latest posts