Digital Delay. Now I Get It!

• Thread starter prg435
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tone Green

Reaction score
What do you like and how do you enjoy you digital delay sounds?
No judgement here, I use analog delay and sometime added reverb. For my delay (MXR Carbon Copy), I only set it to be about 1 and a half repeats and extremely close to the original signal prob 5ms if I had to guess...I use it to fatten up my sound a bit.
I use analog delay as to me is sounds darker and kinda in the background....

guitarzan2525

Reaction score
I love the BOSS REV-2 so much I got two. Use them a lot (along with my original '90 DD-3).

Arrested Dev

Reaction score
I've been playing since 7th grade and I'm about to turn 49. Do the math. For YEARS I've kept hearing about how Digital Delay is so great for 80's style guitar. It's on this record and so and so used it, etc.

I've never got it to sound right and always deferred back to reverb even though it made things a bit 'soupy'. I just could never make it sound right no matter what.

Fast forward a veritable cornucopia of delay pedals (analog and digital) over the years and eureka! The Boss DD-3. Why I did not try this earlier feel free to berate me. It's been on thousands of boards and I have no excuse or explanation. The wasted time and effort. It now has displaced my reverb pedal.

All I can say is learn from my myriad of mistakes and try the DD3 if you have had a major love/hate relationship with delay over the years. I could literally kick myself if my flexibility wasn't reflecting my age of late!!!!
What are your new go-to settings?

And, shame on you for taking this long to find the DD-3 ;-). I still have and use the one I got (2nd pedal ever) back in 1987 (yes, blue label).

pomod

Reaction score
I’ve been using a Diamond Counter Point the past few years but recently put together a mini board with a MXR ep103 Echoplex and now I’m all about that echoplex sound and thinking about swapping the Counter Point for a Belle Epoch Deluxe.